cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do You Know if You have a Shopping Addiction

Icequeen813
Ultimate Saver

I googled & found a few quizzes/ test .... take the quiz/ test & see where you stand...

9 Replies

Re: How Do You Know if You have a Shopping Addiction

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This seems like a really cool idea. If we put one together from Ibotta, do you think people would enjoy that or is it not worth making?

Icequeen813
Ultimate Saver

@LaraL  I think it’s worthwhile & insightful . Go for it!

Janet1964
Super Saver

@LaraL 

Yes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I agree.  Funny thing is, in general I hate shopping.  If I'm going into a store, I pop in and pop out (unless I'm doing shopkicks or Ibotta shopping). I hate malls or shopping for clothing etc.   When shopping for furniture, we go in, see something we like and buy it.  I hate checking 72 stores to go back to the 1st one. I bought my wedding dress in the 1st store I went it.  Then I looked in 2 other stores and went back to the 1st (all in 1 weekend).  With regard to clothing, I pick up 10 things as I walk around the store, and by the time I get to the register, I'm lucky if I still have 1 thing in the my hand.  When I dieted and lost 42 lbs, I still wore my Large t-shirts and black leggings because they still "fit".  Laugh it up people.  I love chatting, but I HATE shopping. 

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm honestly the same way, which is why I mostly do online shopping. Easy to find exactly what I'm looking for, be done, and then it's exciting when they arrive. Only real downside is all the extra waste it creates with boxes and plastic, but at least they're recyclable.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@LaraL  What's funny is that I like to BUY in person, to TOUCH the item - so I guess I'm just a mass of contradictions aren't I?  Not surprising to anyone I guess.

SaverGirl67

@FelskyNY   I think you shop the way I clean. I love living in a clean house - but I don’t actually like cleaning. I just like the effects of cleaning. So I clean and scrub and wash till everything sparkles - so I can have my clean house - but I didn’t really enjoy the process of getting there. 

You find the deals and do the shopping to fill your pantry - so you like the effects of shopping - you just don’t necessarily enjoy the process of shopping. I totally get this. 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67  Don't get me started on cleaning - that's a whole 'nother conversation.  

0 Likes

arthyols
Rewards Hunter

Yes, shopping is not my kind of thing as well, my husband is a big fan of it. I’d say he is a shopogolic. All the time he makes up a list of things and with a proud look shops around. But the thing is, he doesn’t look at the prices, keeping in mind that they are soared up. I guess I need to treat him from wasting money on absolutely useless things. Once, we managed to overcome alcohol addiction thanks to these guys https://www.abbeycarefoundation.com/rehab-scotland/. Now I suppose we should go to the hospital again and get treatment for shopogolism. I can imagine the surprised faces of doctors and nurses when we came back lol.

0 Likes