cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlock an account?

nosleeves
Shopper

How do you unlock an account?  Why was my account locked?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
17 Replies

Re: How to unlock an account?

Deafdogsrock
Shopper

You will have to contact support.  They will be able to let you know why it was locked.  

KFish
Rewards Hunter

I have sent two emails and heard Nothing back about why my account is locked!😯🤨 it's been almost 4 weeks,.. I'm so frustrated!!🤔 I use Ibotta ALOT BUT.. IDK WHAT TO DO...😣

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I see a lot of these situations, and it troubles me greatly when I do.

ibotta certainly has the right to lock accounts or disable them, etc.  But when they do so, I strongly feel they should at least leave the ability for users to withdraw their funds, especially when it may take two to four weeks or longer for them to resolve an opened ticket.  I believe locking of an account should trigger an email from ibotta to the user indicating a general reason why, or at least assign it a ticket immediately and notify the user of said ticket number, along with next steps to try to get account unlocked.

When you have no ability for users to contact a CSR directly via either phone or chat, it really rubs me the wrong way that they basically hold your money hostage, or in some cases, I have heard the people lost all their balance forever, 

Then again, I guess it depends on why the account was locked.   There are some who are doing some really sketch things, and I realize ibotta needs to protect themselves as well.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

DiceAddict
Rewards Hunter

I'm I. A situation now where I'm able to use the service, make purchases, accrue funds... But am unable to withdraw then. It's been four days since they locked my ability to process a withdrawal and I've had no response to a ticket. I've got a $135+ balance I was going to use today my oldest boys birthday present on November 12th. I'm seriously hoping I hear something from them soon. I've been using Ibotta since 2012.

0 Likes

ScottyS
Former Ibotta Employee

Hi Everyone! 

I wanted to check on those who have had issues with a locked account on this thread. I've checked with our care team, and it does appear that @nosleeves & @KFish have been provided solutions by the Care team and are able to access their Ibotta earnings successfully - please let me know if that's not the case. 

@DiceAddict, while it can take time, our Care team will work with you to ensure they can resolve this issue with you. If you do not receive an update by the end of this week, please let me know, and thank you for your patience. 

Sharnc
Shopper

Hello everyone,

I have been waiting over a week to get my account unlocked.  I’ve received one response from the Care team requesting additional info which I provided, but have heard nothing since then.  I am really disappointed ☹️ because I really like using this app.  In reading through various posts, it seems as if this happens quite a bit.  This is somewhat disturbing to me especially when you have no idea why your account is locked and we can’t speak to anyone.  I really hope they look into this issue. Still waiting....

beth1970
Rewards Hunter

my account is lock am new

0 Likes

ywolf
Rewards Hunter

@ScottyS 

My account locked and I received an email with a link to unlock.  But it didn't work and I asked to resend it.  How long should I expect to get another email?  Thank you.

DiceAddict
Rewards Hunter

Sorry if took me a few a few days to report back, but they got me taken care of. Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes