cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Weary of posts about Team stuff

Ibotta-Addict
Core Shopper

I am so weary of posts about teamwork and  teammates, especially the ones  that repeatedly cycle back into the newsfeed. 

I wish the word TEAM were a BLEEPABLE offense....and that bleepable offenses were HIDDEN until released  by admin. 

13 Replies

Re: I'm Weary of posts about Team stuff

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I agree  @ScottyS  maybe they can add a topic of category of TEAMMATES  (although it is a moot point currently) to keep it all off the regular deals board.

And although all the I'm New threads are great - just jump into a conversation - no need to announce your presence (although many of us are guilty of that).  Again, it just drops all the good deals to the bottom.

megla
Core Shopper

I agree it has been overwhelming lately 

I wish certain words could force it in certain threads?

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

It might be nice if Ibotta gave us a warning when they are about to push the Ibotta Community.  It seems it always comes in spurts.

This doesn't solve the problem, but we might get a heads up and not wonder what's going on.

Maybe the system should put new users in to a topic just about being new first so that they can understand how the Ibotta Community works.  Once they "graduate" from those topics, then they can venture out to the rest of the Community.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Ibotta-Addict  What happens when you MUTE a topic - I'm going to MUTE my Skippy post since @what did one too.  Not sure if it will disappear. 

I think it just mutes me getting notifications that people are responding.  Oh well.

Ibotta-Addict
Core Shopper

@FelskyNY  My experience with MUTE is that it pertains to my getting notifications about a post or a reply....just as you Mentioned.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Ibotta-Addict  Yeah I found that out. oh well.

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

Why can't we just have ALL posts self delete after a set period of time. Say 30 to 45 days. That way the thread won't get too overwhelmed. And yes, ALL teammates posts should be deleted immediately. 

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Ibotta-Addict, @Aangsparks , @FelskyNY , @mmoore01 , @megla ,

You are all invited to join me in the following: each time we notice a post about T**m or Fr**nds, we "report it as inappropriate."

If the admin does not remove them,  perhaps we need to request a new forum where such posts are banned.

This forum is becoming a drag because of such posts. Maybe I need to take a break or do a protest by silence. 

@ScottyS, @JuliannaV 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

ScottyS
Former Ibotta Employee

Hi Everyone, 

Thank you for the great feedback and for flagging Teamwork posts that need to be removed. I've gone ahead and removed these recent Teamwork posts. Our team is still looking into the best way to avoid this repetitive behavior, but I will post another reminder to keep teamwork posts on the monthly thread. 

Thanks for your help!