cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve been trying

TryAgain21
Rewards Hunter

I signed up a few weeks ago. I have earned my first gift card but I’m still having trouble figuring out the optimal way to use the app. 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
2 Replies

Re: I’ve been trying

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

Welcome to the Ibotta Community.  We are Ibotta users like you.

Remember that Ibotta is a rebate app.  You have to select the items you want, buy them, submit your receipt and wait for the money to be added to your account.

Ibotta is a marketing company.  They promote products that manufacturers and retailers pay for.  Many of the items in Ibotta are NEW, so manufacturers want you to try them, sometimes for free.

I always start my shopping list by going through Ibotta first.  I then add the items I need.  My list includes not only Ibotta, but other apps, too.  And of course, printed and digital coupons.  I go to sites like Krazy Coupon Lady and Ibotta Community to see what is new and what deals might be possible.

If you like to try new products, then Ibotta may be right for you.  It does take some time, but you can get back serious cash each month.

Re: I’ve been trying

What-Shot
Super Saver

Easiest receipt scan store is Walmart (if your WM has a barcode printed on the receipt). 

On a regular basis, search "any item" in the app's search box and in one sitting select ALL the items listed...after that first time, it won't be so time consuming, simply skim thru the list and select all available "any item offers."

Since Walmart has the best/consistent offers on ibotta (and easiest receipt submission process), I often scroll thru all the offers available at Walmart in-store and keep my eyes peeled for the "Free After Offer" overlay on the image. It's like playing Where's Waldo. That's all I look for the first time thru. Later I might look at the actual offers.

Those are just a couple of things I do...while there are SO MANY TIPS. Even links to get the best use out of the app. 

Happy ibotta-ing!

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~