cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Ibotta browser extension for Chrome

MRiches1
Shopper

I have added the app to my android phone and so far I've used it exclusively when I  make purchases  either online or at stores. I've recently added the Ibotta  extension to my Chrome browser on my laptop. I'm  assuming I can make online purchases and obtain the cash back  offers just like I  would with the app on my phone.

I guess my question is  -- does the browser extension  have all the functionality as the app on my phone? 

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

cRe: Ibotta browser extension for Chrome

HotLavaMama
Rewards Guide

Not all stores are available on it, Amazon.com in not on there But it is on your phone app.It works awesome on the walmart.com  it does not function the same as the app, you don't add offers there. Essentially when you're on a stores website it will tell you if it has a deal for that store, you can connect your account. It does not have the functionality of the app. Unless I am totally missing this, the extension is used exclusively for online shopping cash back.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
10 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

cRe: Ibotta browser extension for Chrome

HotLavaMama
Rewards Guide

Not all stores are available on it, Amazon.com in not on there But it is on your phone app.It works awesome on the walmart.com  it does not function the same as the app, you don't add offers there. Essentially when you're on a stores website it will tell you if it has a deal for that store, you can connect your account. It does not have the functionality of the app. Unless I am totally missing this, the extension is used exclusively for online shopping cash back.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Solved! Go to solution

Re: cRe: Ibotta browser extension for Chrome

MRiches1
Shopper

Thanks for the quick response and your explanation.

Solved! Go to solution

Re: Ibotta browser extension for Chrome

Lisalikestosave

I have had it for a while. I like to know which websites I can use iBotta with. 
yesterday I made a purchase from Macy’s but there is no mention of it yet. 
I’m thinking that it does not work as expected. Either I have to do something else or I just have to use my phone. 
anyone know how it works- when it really works?

im not planning on going shopping in stores this year. 

Solved! Go to solution

Lisalikestosave

I have tried the extension and it does not work. I am trying to get tech support now. 
use the app if you want $$

Solved! Go to solution

getaclue_2000
Rewards Hunter

how do  I know which stores will have the browser function?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

getaclue_2000
Rewards Hunter

Does Home Depot have an Ibotta Browser extension?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

The extension is for online purchases only. If you want to buy gift cards, cash out ect you need to use the app.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

DanyelN
Shopper

Just open the website you want to shop from in Chrome.  if it is included, the Ibotta Extension will pop up and tell you what the rebate will be so that you can activate it for your shopping trip.  I used it at Kohl's and Bed Bath & Beyond on Cyber Monday.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Expert

@getaclue_2000 

List

https://ibotta.com/retailers/

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"
0 Likes