cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Is there a maximum limit we can in our accounts? I've heard of people getting locked out.

Mtmmom1
Shopper

Is there a maximum amount we can keep in our accounts? I've heard of others getting locked out of their accounts when they get too high?

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Is there a maximum limit we can in our accounts? I've heard of people getting locked out.

Dana
Deal Expert

No maximum. I only take out for birthdays anniversaries and holidays. People will not get locked for having a certain amount of money they will get locked for fraudulent activity, audits, back to back rebates, returning items, taking money out as soon as you get it etc.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Is there a maximum limit we can in our accounts? I've heard of people getting locked out.

Dana
Deal Expert

No maximum. I only take out for birthdays anniversaries and holidays. People will not get locked for having a certain amount of money they will get locked for fraudulent activity, audits, back to back rebates, returning items, taking money out as soon as you get it etc.

Solved! Go to solution

Mtmmom1
Shopper

Thank you, I would prefer to leave mine alone. I wont spend it if I don't think about it. Kind of like a savings account.  I've just heard of people getting locked out. I'm not great but have earned almost $500 in 5 months. I don't want to lose it. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

@Mtmmom1 I highly recommend you read Ibotta’s terms and conditions carefully. All earnings belong to Ibotta until they’ve been withdrawn and transferred to your bank account or PayPal account, or applied to the purchase of a gift card. If your account is ever flagged, your earnings are blocked while Ibotta completes its review, which usually takes several days. If the Account Review Team has any doubts, they will deactivate your account and keep your earnings. It’s all written in the terms and conditions, which you accepted during signup. Even if it was an innocent mistake, they don’t seem very forgiving. I strongly advise you to open a savings account and transfer your earnings each time you reach the minimum $20 requirement. A savings account earns interest, and it’s fully insured by the FDIC 

Solved! Go to solution

Luv2shop73
Saver

Why would they hold it if you tried to cash out as soon as you reached the minimum requirement?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Luv2shop73
Saver

If it were me, I would transfer it to my PayPal account,  and just think of that as a savings account on the side. That's what I've recently decided to do with mine. 

Solved! Go to solution

Luv2shop73
Saver

Good Point!!! If something were to happen and ibotta just.....POOOF!!! Went under and you had that much money lingering away in your ibotta account? Well, sick is the first word that comes to my mind.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Janet1964
Super Saver

I cash out after every shopping trip - I wait and make sure that all the offers and bonuses are complete and correct before doing so. sometimes I go to 3 or 4 stores and even though Walmart credits immediately, Kroger usually takes 24 hours. Also, I never take the account down to zero. If I have 23.98, I only withdraw 23.00 and leave the .98 in until next time. I withdraw to PayPal, which I have used for 15 years with no issues. That way, no other outside source has my bank account info. I transfer the money from my PayPal account to a savings account at my bank and when my credit card bill comes in, I transfer the money to my checking account and pay the bill in full each month - so no interest.

I just thought that might be a reason that your account will get locked for taking it to zero every time. I think of Ibotta like a bank account. I would only take my account to zero if I were about to close the account. Just food for thought!

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

I second, third, and fourth everything others have said here. Why would you want an unknown entity to have control over so much of your hard earned money? I, myself, always take out $20 at a time always leaving a few pennies in the account so Ibotta servers don't think I'm closing the account. My money is my money, after all. I direct deposit it into my personal bank account directly. This only takes 2 to 3 business days and I've never had a problem doing so. Happy Ibottaing, everyone.

Solved! Go to solution

cholcomb123
Shopper

How have you gotten that much money? Are you collecting receipts? Just curious why I'm locked out and so is my team. 

0 Likes