cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn by your mistakes

Janet1964
Super Saver

I made a boo-boo yesterday and bought the wrong cookies at Kroger. They had a digital deal coupon to buy fresh deli cookies and you could redeem 3 times on 1 coupon. So I found my favorite - sugar cookie. I told my husband that he could pick the other two. He asked me which ones and I did not read my coupon and told him any kind since they were all the same price.  He picked two. When he scanned at self checkout - he told me it did not credit like my sugar cookie did. I told him it would at the end and he scanned the second one also. Well, I was wrong!! The coupon was for 16 count and the two he picked were 10 ct. I said oh well, I paid fir that mistake! This morning, I opened the 10 ct with a glass of Nesquik. Oh my, those are the best cookies I had ever bought!! They are worth every penny!! But next time, I will double check the coupon before letting him choose. I hope this helps someone else.

I also forgot to use a pc that I had for dove deodorant at Walmart last night. I was kicking myself on the way home. When I got home, I was checking coupons.com and they had it there, so I still got to redeem it. I just have an extra pc to buy another next time. Even those that have been doing this for years mess up every now and then. Lol

6 Replies

Re: Learn by your mistakes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Janet1964  I had 2 hiccups today - it happens to all of us.  

1) Frosted flakes are on both Ibotta and Shopkick.  I've been using the shopkick to get free cups of cereal when I shop, but this time, I decided to do the cereal box. I thought it was $2.28 but it was $2.98, but I needed the Ibotta for the bonus, so I did it anyway - (I got the $5 bonus so it covered it, but I wouldn't have normally paid that much).  

2) I also bought the Diamond almond crackers for $2.48 (combining with $1 coupon and .50¢ Ibotta.  I thought the .30¢ offer on SB also would apply because it was pictured - but the fine print said only the nuts (and whatever sizes).  

live and learn.

TrooperCamera
Deal Sharer

Hate it when I make a mistake like that. I took advantage of a store deal because I also knew I could apply the purchase to get credit online. Turns out it was only for one particular store and not all retailers. Eh, you live and learn. 

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

Oh believe me I've made mistakes in getting comfy with combinig ibotta, shopkick, kroger cash back, and now fetch. My wheel is turning easier and easier now but I still hiccup here and there. The one that I really get flubbed up on is putting together cvs and walgreens deals. I need dang near need a graph...pie charts...flow charts...pictures..lists...wine and medications, a  "rocket science class", and a hope and prayer to get those deals down lol

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Donna2  I hear ya - just not enough braincells to juggle all the apps I'm combining, paper and digital coupons, TC offers, and CVS CRTs and EBs.  I give up - Walgreens would just put me over the edge.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Donna2 

**bleep**@ the soft top apple cinnamon they have that I ate.  It was about the best thing I have ever eaten, so I believe you.  There are times where they qualify for the cookie sales.   Scan in store to see.

1) I always use self-checkout.   For things like this, I scan the cookies first.  Then I hit PAY NOW.   Then I see if the coupon comes off right.  If not, I deal with it then.   Then I hit GO BACK and continue on to the next item.  I also use this approach when they have BOGOF spices.   Normally, if you buy 4 spices that are $4 each and 4 that are $1 each, they give you the $1 ones for free.   So I do them in pairs with the highest ones first and then hit PAYNOW, etc ,etc

2) My Kroger is good about letting me take in a PQ in a day or two later along with my receipt, and they give me the cash for it.   They also do it for DQs.  I simply show them the Q on my phone.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

I made a **bleep** mistake the other day.  I was buying the Popsicle deal at Walmart.  I had even printed out the $.55 coupon, but after I checked out, I realized I forgot to use the coupon!

I was still in the store and went to Customer Service.  I told them I forgot to use my coupon and they gave me the $.55 in cash.

Sometimes you make mistakes, but others can help.