cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay with Ibotta using credit card

Shopper

Allow using credit cards with PWI again. Not everyone shops with their debit card

Labels (2)
6 Replies

Re: Pay with Ibotta using credit card

Core Shopper

I doubt that will happen they were losing money. They are a business and need to make money. I don't have a cc I only use debit so it's no problem. The people that have said they will get hacked if they use a debit card need to switch banks. My bank has the best protection. 

0 Likes

Shopper

And they’ve probably lost more money since switching since they’ve alienated those who don’t use debit cards. I exclusively use credit cards for reward points and haven’t used debit cards in 10 years unless for an ATM withdrawal.

0 Likes

Core Shopper

I don’t use debit cards. I get money back on all transactions on all transactions 

0 Likes

Rewards Hunter

I agree! Sure we know we can use our debit cards, but I use my credit cards to earn the cash back rewards offered...then just turn around and pay that credit card bill. I don’t use Ibotta near as often as I did before. You would think that Ibotta and credit card companies could come to an agreement where they can profit off of one another and Ibotta customers would return.

0 Likes

Re: Gift Card (formally known as PWI) using credit card

Core Shopper

I don't use debit cards.  I have one, but won't use it for purchases.  I had an issue at a store once where the store debited my account twice.  The process to get my money back was terrible and I had to wait to get my money, leaving my account empty.  Though the bank and the store corrected the problem, I was without that cash for several weeks.

I know that it costs more in fees for Ibotta to take credit cards than debit cards, but I have a possible solution.  Ibotta could still offer savings for debit cards, but have a different set of savings for credit cards.  So, if you buy a gift card for Texas Roadhouse with a debit card, you get 5% back.  If you use a credit card, you only get 2% back.

Now, I realize that Walmart and other merchants pay out very little.  Walmart is .5% (except for @FelskyNY ), I would actually use it with a credit card if it was 0%.  Why?  Because each purchase of a gift card gets me one item closer to a bonus!

0 Likes

Re: Gift Card (formally known as PWI) using credit card

Core Shopper

@mmoore01  You probably missed it - I have been downgraded to .5% this week - I agree, not worth the .40 (except when it gives you another offer toward the bonus).

0 Likes