cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POLL: Cashier vs. Self-Checkout

What-Shot
Super Saver

I'm guessing that most Ibotta-snobs & Ibotta-enthusiasts prefer to do self checkout rather than go thru lane with cashier. 

What's your preference?

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
17 Replies

Re: POLL: Cashier vs. Self-Checkout

Ibotta-Addict
Skilled Saver

Self self checkout, so I can more easily monitor the prices and deal with irregularities on the spot if necessary (without holding up the line of customers behind me).

FelskyNY
Deal Master

100% self checkout!   Especially at Shoprite because people tend to leave their CATS behind.

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

I hope CATS is an acronym for something.  If they are leaving their cats at the store, that's not a good thing.

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

I always go to the self checkouts, if the store has them.  It is usually faster and I don't hold up the line.

I've been to a few stores where the self checkout lanes are only for 10 items or less.  Some Targets won't accept coupons at the self checkout lanes.  But I shop at Walmart most of the time.

What-Shot
Super Saver

@mmoore01 I don't know what @FelskyNY  intended by CATS, but for amusement purposes, you may wish to check out these possibilities: http://acronymsandslang.com/cats-meaning.html 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@mmoore01  cats are Catalina coupons that print at the register.

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

@What-Shot 

That didn't help at all.  I couldn't find anything on that long list that has anything to do with buying groceries!

Cuddle and touching softly?  Not with COVID!!

Dana
Deal Expert

Neither I do srfh (shoprite from home) I do not go into the store they shop for me and just pick up. I haven't shopped in store since they started srfh.

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

I'm definitley a self checkout so can monitor prices as well etc. I find that many of the cashiers at WM are extremely slow. No sense of urgency with a growing lines. They have always been very nice, but crazy slow which starts to make me start feel very anxious. Also if something goes wrong with a coupon that won't scan which happens all the time with the coupons.com printable, it takes FOREVER  to get a supervisor over to assist. At self checkout, they seem to be much more.readily available when needed.