cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem With Walmart

jim7872
Shopper

No matter what Walmart I shop at— whether it’s one of their main stores or Walmart Grocery— the cashiers cannot get Ibotta to work.  And now the people at my Walmart Grocery  are telling me they don’t accept Ibotta transactions anymore.  Anybody else having this problem?

9 Replies

Re: Problem With Walmart

babbsb
Rewards Hunter

Send Ibotta an email with what the issue is/was. It may take a couple of weeks, but they will resolve it. ANY time I've had an issue, they email me and then get it resolved pretty promptly. It is taking a little longer during this COVID period.

0 Likes

wbs3rdd
Rewards Hunter

I tried to use and I paid for my items three times.  I didn’t notice until I looked at my credit card when I got home.  I called Ibotta and they refunded me. So I haven’t tried again and Walmart cashiers don’t know anything about. 

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

Extra step, but add giftcard to Walmart app and pay with Walmart Pay. 

mmoore01
Deal Master

I am assuming you are talking about Pay with Ibotta.  When you enter in your amount for your purchase at the register, you are buying a gift card.  Walmart has no connection with Ibotta.  When the gift card bar code is displayed, the cashier must press Shopping Card on their register and scan the bar code.

You can also do it yourself by going through self-service lanes.  When you are ready to pay, press the gift card option and scan the bar code in Ibotta.

0 Likes

jim7872
Shopper

When you say press the gift card option in self-service, do you mean the option on the Ibotta screen or on the Walmart monitor?  Thanks.

Chrissy01
Shopper

The Wal Mart screen

0 Likes

jim7872
Shopper

Saipan, I presume you’re talking about the gift card that’s generated on the Ibotta app?  But how exactly to you add it to the Walmart app and then use Walmart Pay?  What is the process?

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

In the Walmart app, pull up the menu on the left side and scroll down to Account.  Under Account, you can enter up to five Walmart gift cards.  I believe the app defaults to using gift cards over any debit/credit card, but you may have to set that up.

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

Just as MMoore has stated. Though the Walmart app has received an update since original post.

Set the giftcard as the default payment in Walmart Pay in Walmart app. At checkout, simply open Walmart app, unlock Walmart Pay and scan the QR Code on screen at self checkout or on the card reader when using a cashier staffed line. 

0 Likes