cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Receipt Not Scanning

ShannonA1
Saver

So the other day at the grocery store I didn’t get a receipt. I either lost it on my way out, or somehow just didn’t get one… Either way I had to go back in and get one at the service counter. They were able to locate my purchase and print out a copy, but it’s on printer paper/regular size paper. Initially when I uploaded the receipt to iBotta, it was accept. Then later under my activity bell I see that there was an error stating it could not be processed. I submitted a ticket, but in the meantime wanted to know if anyone had any ideas as to what I needed to do. It’s almost the weekend and I have a pretty good weekend warrior bonus that I would like to start on and complete ASAP!

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Receipt Not Scanning

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Ok so I heard back and our care team is doing what they can, but it's really just best if you can make sure you get a traditional receipt from the store. Until we sort out account linking with stores to a more extensive degree, there's simply no easy way to go about it since "printed" receipts are straight up not acceptable by definition.

I know this doesn't help much, but that's effectively where we're at with it. I do still highly recommend submitting a ticket with us though, if you do run into this situation. It's not ideal but we will work to get you taken care of.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Community Manager

Hi @ShannonA1

Have you received a response from your ticket yet? I know that we do not accept printed out receipts, they would need to be from the store. I'm guessing our care team had a similar response?

Solved! Go to solution

ShannonA1
Saver

Hi @LaraL thank you for responding; I’ve obsessively checked the community, Facebook, and my email for a response.  Nothing yet. This was a $30 reward receipt, plus the bonuses that would be attached… and the items towards my icon status. I know this sounds really silly, and quite arbitrary, but I was really excited about this shopping haul!  I really went above and beyond spending time and effort on this; and then going back to the store to get the printed off receipt; asking the clerks to spend their time doing this for me. I’m going to be pretty devastated if this doesn’t get accepted (when it is indeed legitimate). Not to mention I will be out $30 plus. 😞

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

They do not accept a receipt on printer paper it has to be a regular register receipt or a linked account if your store has a link option. What you can do if your store is doing returns is return your ibotta items and repurchase them for a regular receipt to scan.

Solved! Go to solution

ShannonA1
Saver

@LaraL 

sorry to post again, but I wanted to make sure I said this… The receipt that I uploaded was from the store, it was literally the receipt that the service desk gave to me. It was just printed differently.  
that’s why this is so upsetting because I did everything I needed to to make sure I did it correctly! I got the receipt from Jewel it’s just that it doesn’t “look “like the typical jewel receipt. Let me see if I can add a picture of it to this post. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

I had a similar issue with Target.  But in my case, the receipt was illegible.  I asked for another receipt and they printed it in the back office onto a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.

If it was only one or two items, I would suggest taking them back and re-purchase them.  But it sounds like you have a very long list in your purchase.

You didn't mention the store.  If it was Walmart, you could simply type in the TC# into the Ibotta app.  But since you didn't mention this, I am guessing it was somewhere else.

Other than returning everything and buying it again, I don't have a solution.

Solved! Go to solution

ShannonA1
Saver

Hi, thank you for the suggestion. That’s not an option unfortunately as it’s been a couple of days and my husband has ripped into a lot of the items LOL. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Community Manager

I believe you that it's legitimate, but I am curious what our care team responded with. Do you have a ticket/case number by chance? I can reach out via private message as well.

Solved! Go to solution

ShannonA1
Saver

@LaraL  THANK YOU

ticket number: 9419604

seriously, I appreciate your help. -Shannon

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Community Manager

Looks like it's being blocked because it's an invalid receipt, which makes sense since it's printed out differently than normal. I'll private message you for more information.