cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Referral

Save80cold
Deal Sharer

Has anyone put their spouse down as a referral? 

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Referral

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813   I have been active on Ibotta for years and my husband DOES NOT have an account. Often it would be great to be able to get 2 of the same items for free and get the additional bonus by adding him, but I choose not to do so. It does annoy me when I see people posting on other forums - "I did this for me and this for my husband".  I call B S on that - you did it for  YOU and for YOU.   Same thing goes for my mom.  I do all her shopping. I could set up an account for her, but I choose not to.  

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

Yes my I used my husbands referral code when I started with ibotta

Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Save80cold  Many people have their spouse as a referral, but remember it's 1 account per person and per device.  I see plenty of people posting on other forums that they did 2 shops, 1 for themselves and 1 for their spouse.  IMO, that falls into the "gray area" of fraudulent.  So your answer is yes, your spouse can join using your referral.  What you do after that, is up to you. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Icequeen813
Shopping Enthusiast

@FelskyNY , I totally agree, it’s fraudulent! when you’re “double-dipping “!

Solved! Go to solution

kendrickfam
Rewards Hunter

My husband used my referral code to sign up. He uses his account on his phone and I use my account on my phone. 

Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813   I have been active on Ibotta for years and my husband DOES NOT have an account. Often it would be great to be able to get 2 of the same items for free and get the additional bonus by adding him, but I choose not to do so. It does annoy me when I see people posting on other forums - "I did this for me and this for my husband".  I call B S on that - you did it for  YOU and for YOU.   Same thing goes for my mom.  I do all her shopping. I could set up an account for her, but I choose not to.  

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

Icequeen813
Shopping Enthusiast

@kendrickfam  Separate accounts?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@kendrickfam  If you are both doing your own shopping - I have no problem w/ it.  It's when 1 person does the shop for both of you, and then goes home and says - here honey, scan this receipt - you did great shopping today.

Solved! Go to solution

Icequeen813
Shopping Enthusiast

@FelskyNY  You & I know the situation where the poster was out& out cheating & her account was restored, however she has disappeared from these forums, I bet upon more investigation,,it was determined to be fraud 

Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813  I noticed that also - I was going to DM you about it.  But maybe it should be out in the open anyway.  

0 Likes