cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Sad to say goodbye!

Ibotta-Addict
Core Shopper

I was heartbroken to receive a “Dear John” letter from ibotta. I enjoyed using ibotta since 2018 and got my husband to join in 2019. Together we had fun time snagging FAOs & stacking….and ultimately delighted in donating most everything to the local food-bank.

I’m still not sure what went wrong but the last email I received from ibotta reported my account was permanently deactivated/suspended and they would have no further communication with me. I’m still in shock!

This is what led up to that notification: Recently ibotta sent me an email accusing me of things I didn’t do (e.g., submitting the same receipts multiple times, submitting receipts previously submitted by another user, etc.). I responded to inform them that I understand the rules and make every effort to abide by the rules. I requested information about their charged against me so I could point out relevant info on the receipt(s) that would clarify (what their scanning system overlooked).

They responded with a similar email repeating their nonsensical accusations and said they would lock/deactivate my account either temporarily or permanently. At some point during those exchanges, they locked both my account and my husband’s account. Once again I responded and offered to point out the oversights or glitches in their flagging system if they would provide me with the information that prompted their initial flagging.

Fully expecting they would give me the opportunity to explain what their flagging system was misinterpreting, I was shocked that their next reply informed me that my account was permanently deactivated that would be their last communication with me. My husband’s account was also suspended, without even the courtesy of responding to his email.

I sure wish I understood what they hold against me/us, and why they are unwilling to share examples of what they flagged.

• Is it because my husband is challenged/disabled and that I did most of the shopping and submitted most of receipts for both of our accounts?
  • Is it that the receipts for my husband’s account and the receipts for my account appeared to be so similar (since I do the shopping for both of us)?
  • Is it because I occasionally purchased the duplicate rebate item(s) on the same shopping trip (albeit different receipts) because I anticipated that the rebate would repopulate in my ibotta gallery?

At this point we have totally lost interest in resuming doing ibotta, but I remain saddened that this ended without the opportunity to clarify what they have misconstrued.

I understand ibotta needs to be on high-alert for fraudsters. But it’s sad that when two good sports who are trying to abide by the rules get thrown out of the game.

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Sad to say goodbye!

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ibotta-Addict I just got word that your and your husband's accounts have been reactivated. Let me know if you run into any other issues regarding your Ibotta account. 🙂

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Ibotta-Addict  I understand your frustration when you can't speak to a human and get "cut off" from something you enjoy doing.  I certainly wouldn't give up and maybe there are others who can help you navigate the path to getting your (or your husband's) account re-activated.

I feel terrible for you - and just know that you will be missed.  Feel free to reach out to me on IG  (same name) if you want to keep in touch.

Solved! Go to solution

Joyjoy2200
Shopper

Sorry to hear this happened. Hopefully   it will get cleared up.

Solved! Go to solution

Donna2
Skilled Saver

@Ibotta-Addict I hated reading your post! Please stay at it as you are always so much fun in our games we play and always have value input with questions and suggestions. I hope that you will stay on it and continue to be such a big part of the community!

Solved! Go to solution

Icequeen813
Deal Expert

@Ibotta-Addict  Did you upload the receipts from both accounts on same device ie your iPhone?

Solved! Go to solution

Ibotta-Addict
Core Shopper

Yes, @Icequeen813, the past couple of months I had started uploading receipts for BOTH accounts from MY device (in the parking lot of the stores) since I feared my husband's offers would disappear before I got home. Prior to the past couple of months, I/we typically waited to upload to his account until arriving at home.

Solved! Go to solution

Ibotta-Addict
Core Shopper

I appreciate everyone's good wishes, but unfortunately I don't see a way proceed or seek resolution (since they clearly stated they were ending communication with me). But that's ok....

The biggest downer is that I was down to only 8 offers from getting the ICON bonus!

On the bright side, I've discovered a whole world of activities & opportunities now that I'm unplugged from ibotta!

Solved! Go to solution

Icequeen813
Deal Expert

@Ibotta-Addict  I think that’s where you violated terms of use, plus uploading very similar receipts at virtually the same time. .

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Ibotta-Addict
Core Shopper

@Icequeen813:  I had the understanding that even tho two accounts needed two different phone numbers (which ours did), that it was ok to use ONE device for up to 2 accounts.

However, if you are correct, that accessing two accounts on a single device is violating terms, then I guess I/we deserved to get banned.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Ibotta-Addict,

Sorry to hear about this, I'm looking into it now. I might reach out to you directly for some more information if that's ok, it'll help me get to the bottom of this and get you taken care of. I don't want that to be your experience with us.