cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam

Julietmylady234
Deal Sharer

Does anybody think this site is a scam. I am having multiple issues getting my earnings and the help section is a joke. I have been waiting since Friday for answers. Apparently I had a old account which my phone number is attached so I used my daughters number ok got in finally added my bank account hit withdrawn earnings and guess what says there’s a error. I am beyond mad. I bought the thanksgiving items for a neighbor in need I only want my money back. Also they sent the email when i added my bank account to the original email not the one that I just used then it says they use swills it’s says here they use plaid. All I want is this money then I’m done. Thanks. 

9 Replies

Re: Scam

Dana
Deal Expert

not a scam. I don't know what swill and plaid are. I use my bank and it goes through with no problem. I don't have paypal.  they get 1000s of emails a day so you will have to wait for them to get to you but you can also go in the ibotta facebook page and send a message thats quicker.

0 Likes

CP
Shopper

I have been coomunicating with them, sent proof of correct old number in a screen shot, they reply back saying my old number ends in 1990 and is through bellsouth. I have gotten many prior redemptions successfully,  but when a number change happens i lose out, this time $34. 

Last time an account under my spouse name and number lost too because they wouldn't change my number, always give us the correct old number, but i did!!!

Loved I botta, now i cant get my money ,cant use it anymore...

Maryjr
Deal Sharer

thinking I may need to close my account also...yes they are busy..but the help section is useless...there should be a way that getting phone number issues done without hassle. i am worried i will lose my $$$$.

Julietmylady234
Deal Sharer

Me too it’s ridiculous I had ibotta several years ago and had a lot of issues just want my earnings for the thanksgiving stuff. I also did it to give to my neighbor. Now I’m having issues with my bank account after this I’m done. 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

I am sorry to hear so many people are having problems.  I have been an Ibotta user for many years.  I haven't had ANY of the problems that are being posted on this site.  Yes, Customer Support is slow.  I suspect they are trying as hard as they can to get through as many requests as possible.  

I don't send my earnings to my bank.  I have used PayPal for years with no problem.  I have only used Walmart Grocery Pickup once.  I don't use the Chrome Extension.  I don't use Gift Cards.

Sending to your Bank is new.  Walmart Grocery Pickup is relatively new (the past year).  The Chrome Extension is new.  Gift Cards used to be Pay with Ibotta and allowed credit cards.  Now you must use a debit card.

A lot of NEW features have been added recently and it seems that most of the problems are related to these new features.  Then add thousands of new users in November and you can see why it takes so long to get a response back from Customer Service. 

You will get your money.  You just need to be patient and wait for your requests to be processed.

0 Likes

Julietmylady234
Deal Sharer

Plaid is the source they use to pay you through your bank account. I just want my money I transferred it to my bank and it’s keeps saying error. What error. I just want my earrings b

0 Likes

Julietmylady234
Deal Sharer

I tried the face book page but there’s not just one place to message there are several and I don’t know which one to pick. 

0 Likes

Julietmylady234
Deal Sharer

They better not do that to me I will definitely be more mad that I am now n

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I appreciate that some of you are frustrated.  Their customer service folks are a bit overwhelmed right now.  All of us are waiting up to a week for tickets to be worked.  I am not sure which cashback sites you all use that have phone support, but none of the ones I do have that.  I have open tickets with coupons.com and FETCH for over a week now.   And they are the first ticket I have opened with each.

If you can have a bit more patience, you may find that ibotta is probably the best thing going as far as grocery rebating.   And when there is a mixup involving multiple accounts or phone numbers, etc, unfortunately those sometimes take a while to resolve via 'tickets'.

This is really nothing new.   Many companies are similar.   Phone support is not cheap, and any additional costs cut into the deals we are able to receive. ibotta is not for everyone.  maybe it is not for some of you.  I also would be frustrated if I could not withdraw my money, but I would like to think I would have a modicum of patience.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes