cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silly Experiences w/o Referral Codes

Ibotta-Addict
Core Shopper

Silly-Story Time!

Tell us about a silly experience you've had while doing something related to ibotta. Perhaps you (like me) have chased a grocery receipt nearly 2-blocks because it blew out of your hands before you scanned it....?

Ahhh....the stories we all have. Please tell!

ATTN: Referral Codes are BANNED in this thread!

10 Replies

Re: Silly Experiences w/o Referral Codes

britionkin
Saver

I still keep hoping and check if walmart has that Greek Gods Yoghurt 😐

FAOS get added once I come home

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

So maybe not really silly, but after doing my shopping on early Friday mornings, I see offers popping up later in the day that I would have purchased had it been available at the time. So now I do a supplemental Monday morning shopping run just to take advantage of the new or reset offers. Sometimes these are just enough to fulfill high count bonuses.

What-Shot
Super Saver

A year or-so ago I was at Target, shopping for Nivea lotions because there was a GREAT MoneyMaker per deal stacking thing going on with ibotta, et al. When I got to the lotions aisle, I saw a woman looking at her phone, then pulling 5 Nivea bottles from the shelf, scrolled on her phone, pulled down 5 bottles of a different type of Nivea lotion, then repeated that about 2 or 3 more times. 

I still regret that I was too self-conscious to strike up a conversation, but I am confident she was a fellow ibotta enthusiast!

After she left, I repeated her operation. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

MaryJhane
Saver

🤣I thought it was only me who kept on a lookout for the items that are not available at Walmart.  The times, that I thought I could get good bonuses, but "must buy 2" 😝  Lastly, stores employees has asked me if I work  for InstaCart. 

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

Many of you remember coupons.com had a free bag of Betty Crocker Cookies back around Thanksgiving.  It was a great deal because coupons.com was giving $2.50 back, I think, even if it costs less.  I was trying to find it in Walmart, but Walmart no longer sold the size needed and only sold the Value Size, which didn't match the app.

Well, I finally had had it.  I had already been to three or four Walmarts and couldn't find the item.  So, I asked a Walmart Associate if they had it in the back.  I was a bit gruff about it, mentioning I had already been to several other Walmarts.

Now, the Walmart associate was very apologetic and was going to have me talk with the store manager.  I should mention my daughter was there and actually walked away, hoping I would not make a scene.  I told the associate I was fine, just frustrated.  

It turns out I actually knew the associate, but with both of us with masks on, he didn't recognize me.  I finally told him I use to work with him.  He asked me to take off my mask.  He just started laughing.

I didn't get my Betty Crocker Sugar Cookies.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I can tell you that I finished my shopping, went out to the car, scanned my receipt when I saw a new free Ibotta offer, went back in and bought another freebie and then left again.

Or the time I bought Secret deodorant on SB, for it to disappear AS I PAID, and then had to go return it 1 minute later!

And yes I've chased my receipts down the block, or pulled my packaging from the recycle bin standing in my PJs with a flashlight when I need to scan a upc.

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

I one time was in WM and on my Ibotta list was the BOGO ritz cheese crispers. My husband really loves those! There were none on the shelf, however, way at the Tippi top of the shelves where they stack/store extra items was a nice stack of them. I decided if I could get just one good jump in I should be able to reach them rather than finding an employee to safely get them down for me. WELL...first jump didn't work, but a couple boxes shuffled and actually scooted back on the shelf a little. I was close tho so I figured one more good jump and I'd have my 2 boxes of ritz cheezers! Took a deep breath....squatted down to get ready to spring...and up I went and got one box in my hand, and a second fell landing next to my cart. The bad part was items on the otherside of the cheezer boxes shelves for the next isle fell too! And YES..there were other shoppers in that isle but thankfully out of way of the avalanche. I just tried to blend with the shoppers on the other side of the isle with a look on my face like....wow! I wonder how THAT happened??

Ibotta-Addict
Core Shopper

Oh, thank you all for the good laughs!!

I hope the stories keep on coming...

0 Likes

What-Shot
Super Saver

Clicking KUDOS on some of these silly stories is not enough. I've read & re-read them several times and they still make me giggle every time!

😂 🤣 😅 😆 😂 😁 😀 😂 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes