cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking a Poll - Please weigh-in if you have an opinion...

What
Deal Ambassador

How do you feel about posts published in this forum for the sole/distinct purpose of people sharing their referral codes? 

• I'm NOT asking about posts that include your referral code when you are sharing a deal you stacked (that requires another grocery app). 
  • I'm NOT asking about sharing your referral code when others ask for recommended grocery/savings apps. 

Please weigh-in if you have an opinion.

Also, if you know community regs that address this, please share! 

@ScottyS  @JuliannaV 

Happy ibotta-ing!
18 Replies

Re: Taking a Poll - Please weigh-in if you have an opinion...

megla
Core Shopper

are you talking about like the pinned posts at the bottom where it would be for referral codes?

Ibotta-Addict
Core Shopper

I don't appreciate it when people make a post for the purpose of advertising their referral codes. I find them even more annoying than posts for the purpose of finding teammates. 

JuliannaV
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@What per our community guidelines:  "Please keep in mind that the Ibotta Saver Community has been created with the intention of allowing you to connect, communicate and build relationships with each other.  We ask that you do not post commercial solicitations, attempt to sell to each other, or post referral links/incentives for other brands."

If you are seeing a high volume of posts only to share referral codes, those posts can be reported and removed. The intent of the community it to have a space to engage with and help each other, simply sharing referral links to is not the spirit of the community. 

Thanks for the post! 

What
Deal Ambassador

Thank you, @JuliannaV for your response! 

Happy ibotta-ing!

OBSHOP
Core Shopper

I don't see what harm it would cause if user referral codes are included when posts are made.  Ponder this for thought, How about Ibotta make user referral codes part of the  id of users when making contributions to forums.  

Ready, Set, Shop

What
Deal Ambassador

@megla  In response to your question:

This poll is asking about how you feel about posts here that are dedicated to promoting a grocery app (e.g., I use FETCH and get great rewards....here's my link if you want to join) or a credit card offer (e.g. I got a $50 bonus for this credit card....here's the link if you want it too), or some similar.  

On the CONTRARY, this poll is NOT asking about including referral links when the primary post is about deal stacking (e.g., I got Coca-cola FREE today when I combined ibotta with Fetch...if you want to join FETCH, here's my referral link). In this latter case, I think it could be helpful to newbies. 

Happy ibotta-ing!

FelskyNY
Ultimate Saver

@What  You know that is a pet peeve of mine.  Thanks for bringing it up.  I've had a number of people use my codes and I so appreciate it truly, but when the point of a post is just to get a referral and NOT share a deal, it goes against what we are trying to do here.   

@Danaposts the Downtime dollars at Shoprite, and yeah, I look but not as frequently as she does, and now I'm closing in on $6.  Does she get anything out of it?  NOPE - but thank you!

I try to post the hidden kicks for shopkicks and I'll put my referral on my posts often, but I dont post 1 post for each hidden kick, there is 1 long post going back a month.  

Try to "search the community" for similar topics so we don't have 1000 things saying NEW BONUS, and if you do search, and find an old link - maybe it is best to start a new one sometimes, if the link mentions Thanksgiving for example. 

And come one guys, I'm not at my best lately, can someone come up with a game we can play -or a fun and popular topic we can all talk about?

What
Deal Ambassador

Yes, @FelskyNY, I had a "sneaking suspicion" this topic is one of your pet peeves. Honestly, I wanted to dedicate this post to you....but I resisted. Haha! 

Happy ibotta-ing!

megla
Core Shopper

@What @FelskyNY thank you both for the work yall put in!!