cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target App Integration

JBeez
Shopper

Until recently I was able to upload my Target receipts; however now my only option is to link my account (for in store purchases). 1. I dislike the 1-3 day delay and 2. I have never been credited for all of my offers without having to contact CS. Anyone else experience issues and/or found a work around? 

13 Replies

Re: Target App Integration

Dana
Deal Expert

at the bottom of the target section of the app it says submit receipt. If you do not see that you need to update the last update or the one before took the scan option away and when you click on it will prompt you to scan instead. With the recent update it is now at the bottom of the screen.

0 Likes

Wood2589
Shopper

Yes! So much so that I unlinked my Target account. Now I can still upload receipts but lately I’ve noticed many items throughout stores won’t credit and I have to contact Ibotta. I hate doing so because it takes forever to resolve it. I don’t always have time to chase responses, most of which come overnight and then you have to wait till the following night to get another response. Very frustrating. 

0 Likes

Saving4Fun

@JBeez @Wood2589 @Dana 

As long as you’ve not linked your card, then you can still submit Target receipts through the redeem page. You’ll see that option on the lower menu bar of the home page. I’ll attach detailed instructions. If you’ve linked your card, you’ll need to unlink before Target will show up as an option on the redeem page. 

15CE8A6A-E7CD-4ACE-AC23-D20E0AFDC96E.jpeg

Saving4Fun

@Dana please be aware that select users could have different variations of the app at any given time, as Ibotta continues to work on new features and enhancements. These variations are not controlled by the user, and they are not necessarily dependent on the version in use. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app, or attempting to find a prior version of the app could cause bigger issues, especially on Apple devices. Apple recently issued new security requirements for all authorized apps, so it is essential that users are accessing Ibotta thru the most recent version of the app. I recommend that users adjust their settings to enable automatic updates, because these enhanced requirements apply to all apps authorized by Apple. If you’re on a non-Apple device, perhaps there are other options available, but please use extreme caution when you’re replying to any questions related to app upgrades and enhancements. Thank you for understanding the importance of keeping your app updated. @JBeez @Wood2589 

JBeez
Shopper

I understand the importance of keeping the app up to date. What I do not understand is why this integration is required when it still has bugs. I’ve had to contact customer service on every single Target order for the last week which is a waste of my time. 

Saving4Fun

@JBeez  You don’t have to link. See my previous reply. Let me know if you need to know how to unlink. 

SoCalHal
Core Shopper

@JBeez I had the same concern a few weeks ago, but @Saving4Fun‘s workaround totally fixed it for me. Now I’m back to Target shopping/receipt-uploading because, like you, the linked account option required too much interaction with customer service to make it worthwhile. 

Wood2589
Shopper

There is definitely a problem with the linked cards and their transactions. I also have it with my Harris Teeter purchases. Now I’m also seeing it with rNay purchases. I’m trying to complete the $5 Spring Savings bonus and it I’ve waited several days now past payment of the items and still no credit for 3 separate purchases from eBay. In the past I’ve contacted support regarding items purchased to satisfy a bonus and nothing was resolved until after the bonus was over. Ibotta is one of the few programs left, even Checkput 51 seems to be collapsing. So please stay on top of resolutions, our time is just as valuable as yours. 

0 Likes

JBeez
Shopper

1. I know how to unlink and have done that.

2. When I unlink it will not allow me to upload receipts.

3. The larger issue is the apps inability to properly credit receipts and the numerous missing offers that I am still trying to receive credit for so rather than continuously telling me that I can unlink an account how about someone help resolving the larger issue.

4. The 1-3 day lag is unreasonable.

0 Likes