cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Support — Important Message

Saving4Fun

Good morning!

I want to clarify a few things regarding technical support and the purpose of the Ibotta Community.

The Ibotta Community is not technical support. Nearly everyone in this community, including me, is an Ibotta user with no other affiliation to Ibotta. The only exceptions are the Community Managers who have an Ibotta designation on their profiles. Please be respectful and appreciative of the help you receive, even if we’ve been unable to solve your issue.  

Believe me, I understand your frustration. As I said, I’m an Ibotta user, too. If I shared what I’ve been thru in the past two months, as the subject of an Ibotta financial audit, you’d think I must be crazy for defending this app. However, I’ve come to a new understanding and appreciation of its struggles.

As one of the pioneers of this type of app, it experienced tremendous growth beyond anything anyone ever expected. It’s been a little more than nine years since the app was launched, and it’s already been downloaded more than 40 million times. That kind of exponential growth is not something you see very often, and I feel like it’s at a crossroads. Every decision being made right now is more crucial than ever.

The worldwide pandemic created even more interest in money-saving apps, and the technical support team was not equipped to handle the influx of new users. It’s very similar to what’s still happening at FedEx and UPS. Nothing could have prepared them for the unbelievable surge in demand for shipping services. I lose my patience quite often over delayed packages, some of which are life-saving medications, but I have to bring it down a notch and remember that we’re all in this together.

At the end of the day, it’s my responsibility to be proactive and make sure my insurance company and specialty pharmacy are processing my medications earlier than usual to allow extra time for delivery. UPS and FedEx didn’t cause the pandemic and shouldn’t carry the added responsibilities alone. The way that translates to Ibotta is that I can be patient with the technical support team and provide them with useful information that will help them solve the issues.

l know there are lots of things happening behind the scenes at Ibotta, and while I’ve not been given specifics, I’m hopeful we’ll see some significant improvements rolling out faster than ever. Again, the best way to ensure that is to be patient and be helpful. Ibotta will never solve its issues without quality information from its users.

This community is in a unique position to be able to provide direct feedback to Ibotta thru our community managers. These are some of the most caring, committed folks I’ve ever met. @LaraL will do anything she can to help you, and I still can’t believe the way she stood up for me during my recent audit. I’m forever indebted to her and stand ready to help in anyway that I can.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t post about your technical issues. In fact, you should absolutely post about them. It will help Ibotta identify commonalities and eventually solutions. All I’m asking is that you keep your expectations in check and maintain a level of professional decorum.

Often times, someone in this community has experienced the same technical issue as you, and will be able to help you find a workaround until Ibotta solves the issue. The important thing to remember is that we’re all here as Ibotta users. I have no control over anything at Ibotta. It will not serve you well to lose your patience with me when I’m volunteering my time to try to help you find a workaround.

Now, who has some deal stacking ideas? I’m ready to chase my April Showers bonus and get back to having some fun!

2 Replies

Re: Technical Support — Important Message

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Saving4Fun  Well said.   The idea of this community is to help one another out, share deals and have some fun.  @mmoore01  Helped me out this morning with a relatively simple thing that I was overlooking. We all help one another out, that's the idea.

Re: Technical Support — Important Message

TXbelle
Rewards Advocate

You are so right! I have had frustrations but send a report and am patient about getting a response. I have had only 1 instance that I wasn't completely satisfied with the response. I gave respectful feedback and moved on... Ibotta is my favorite hobby and has made me more cash than my watercolor paintings or my crocheting. 

My newest Ibotta addition is reading and learning stuff from this Community. Love it!! Thank you to all the contributers.