cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble getting credit for Walmart receipts

MaryKay1959
Shopper

I have started having issues submitting Walmart receipts and wondering if anyone else is having issues. At least, 2 of my receipts have been missing bar codes or I can't get them to scan or the TC# will not go through.  My last receipt was missing the bar code & TC#. Of cours, all the rebates on these receipts are around $10. Last time, I had to contact Ibotta, it forever to resolve the problem. I have asked Ibotta to add the scan the receipt back to the options, but so far I continue to deal wi th issue. I think it would save a lot of time & frustration for all those involved. Please take this into consideration, Ibotta. Submitting my rebate from Walmart yesterday is going in the trash...too much trouble.  😞

Tags (1)
16 Replies

Re: Trouble getting credit for Walmart receipts

MaryKay1959
Shopper

PS  I forgot to proofread my submission... I had a cat & child playing at my feet distracting me. Lol 

Dana
Deal Expert

If you link your walmart account you do not have to scan anything just click on what you want to buy 1st (if shopping in store click on what you want to buy 1st in the regular walmart section of the ibotta app then shop). If doing pick up delivery click on what you want 1st in the grocery pick up delivery section of the ibotta app then place your order either through the ibotta app or on the walmart app or website (if your linked 1st then you do not need to place your order through ibotta if you do not want to just click the items you want 1st).

0 Likes

MaryKay1959
Shopper

I know but I have had issues with that, too. A lot of times, depending on how I am trying to pay (which card, etc), it gets too confusing for the cashier & I end up with people mad at me for holding up the line. The cashiers aren't always well trained or they attitude problems, so I would love to have that option. It was there & is there with other stores, how hard can it be?

mmoore01
Deal Master

@MaryKay1959 

You can edit your posts by selecting the "v" inside the circle at the top right corner of the post and select Edit.  

Please note you must make your changes within 30 minutes.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@MaryKay1959  You can hit the little down arrow to edit your post within 30 minutes.  I usually realize I made an error at about the 31 minute mark however. 

MaryKay1959
Shopper

Thanks! Good to know, FelskyNY! Lol  That would be me, too. 

MaryKay1959
Shopper

Thanks

MaryKay1959
Shopper

TY! Still learning 

2dashNhounds
Rewards Hunter

Since they changed their receipt from the QR to the barcode/TC# I had to start methodically stacking up my rebates because it was failing to find rebates!

Then on one trip, I was stacking and my husband called me. It distracted me and I forgot to scan over $40 worth of coupons and my bundle which should've tallied up to around a total of 20 out of pocket instead I was lost nearly $87. I loathe their new receipts I've lost a lot of credits since they changed it. 😐 

Does anyone know why they changed the receipt layout? 🤔

0 Likes