cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unused Bonus Bank

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Icequeen813 @LaraL 

Now that I've thought about this and revised my initial thoughts I have another idea. 

The community nominates an organization to make contributions to and use our earnings to make donations like purchasing gift cards.

"To Whom you give your money to; is to whom you give your power to"
0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@OBSHOP Now that I read your newest response, my thought re: banking bonus was an option to save bonus  in our Ibotta account to use at a later time eg.when we didn’t get a bonus 

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Icequeen813 

That would also be a great and thanks for brainstorming ideas here maybe one day we will see one of our ideas in real time. 

"To Whom you give your money to; is to whom you give your power to"
0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

So it sounds like we can't use unfinished bonuses per se, but your second idea is very possible. I proposed doing a charity donation drive for this holiday season and it was approved. I would like to have you all involved in deciding which charity we select, along with working out some of the details. Does this sound like something y'all would be interested in? This would be the kind of drive where savers raise X amount and Ibotta matches it.

0 Likes

TXbelle
Rewards Advocate

@LaraL  when you say we collect x amount of money would it be like buying a gift card  but the recipient is a charity instead of a store or restaurant. We could fund our donation with Ibotta acct money or even a debit card, just like the gift card page. Then after the drive is over, Ibotta would match (up to a designated limit??) what the community has pledged/raised. If we can donate through that page, then Ibotta could let us get a completed offer each time we donate. Like the gift cards have a reasonable minimum amt, this could as well, but we could donate multiple times for more offers for us to complete bonuses. Win,win,win. Right?? 

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

I'm actually not sure about the mechanics of it quite yet, but I think it would be something similar to what you just described. I'll get more details later this morning.

0 Likes