cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Uploading a receipt

pixie6870
Rewards Hunter

I just downloaded the Ibotta app to my Android phone, but it does not give me the option to upload a receipt. I have been through every section on the app and gone to 'Share' in the Photo Gallery to see if it would let me do it that way, no luck. 

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this? 

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Uploading a receipt

san0
Saver

Go to the store 

Clip all the offers you are planning on buying

Make purchase 

With receipt in hand. Open app. At bottom of page select 'Redeem' icon. Choose store and it should prompt you to scan receipt. 

Offers will be credited in 24-72hrs after scanning/uploading receipt. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

You have to go into the store you want to shop at. At the top will tell you how to redeem link, upload or both if both pick one. if you want to link click link and follow the prompts. You must click the items you want 1st then buy them after you are linked and if you are scanning a receipt. Some stores have link only target walmart etc if you click an item 1st a screen will pop up if you want to scan instead.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

san0
Saver

It appears you're having the same problem I have been having. Some stores are experiencing uploading receipt glitches from my experience that started last night. What store are you trying to upload a receipt for?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

pixie6870
Rewards Hunter

So, I go to Smith's (my local Kroger store) and I upload the receipt while I am in the store in order to earn the offer? 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

pixie6870
Rewards Hunter

My store is called Smith's (part of the Kroger store company). 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

san0
Saver

Go to the store 

Clip all the offers you are planning on buying

Make purchase 

With receipt in hand. Open app. At bottom of page select 'Redeem' icon. Choose store and it should prompt you to scan receipt. 

Offers will be credited in 24-72hrs after scanning/uploading receipt. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

pixie6870
Rewards Hunter

Thank you, very much for these step-by-step directions. I am not that tech-savvy and these are perfection. 

Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Deal Master

When I go into the Ibotta app and select Smith's, it says Upload Receipt right under the Smith's logo and name.

When you press this, you should see your camera activated.  Line up your receipt and press the big white button on the top.  If you need more light, you can turn on your flash by tapping the lightning bolt in the top right corner.

After you take your first picture, you can Submit the receipt (if you got it all) or add another section.

You will then be presented with offers that you have selected in the app for this store.  If the Ibotta app can find some of the items, it will have a count at the bottom.  Example: Add 2 purchases $2.00.  If you only had two items to redeem, you can hit the button to go on.  If the app did not find one or more of the items you purchased, you can scroll down the screen to find it.  The search bar at the top doesn't always work.

If you still can't find it, you may have forgot to select the offer or the offer has expired.  Back out of the submission and select the item in the app under your store.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

pixie6870
Rewards Hunter

Thanks, mmoore01 for this extended information. I appreciate it very much!! 

0 Likes