cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-mart clearance secret

feesor
Rewards Hunter

I used to work at Wal-mart. Always bring your fully charged phone with Wal-mart app for scanning. Items in clearance section are always almost less than ticketed price. Why? They do first markdowns but not second , third, etc... i got all this spray paint that was markdown to $4.24 for $1. I scan both the yellow barcode and the original(some stores do not mark all items down as the management may make a decision to markdown a color that is not selling and go into the system to discontinue it from there store. However, every 30 days items auto matically go to the next markdown. usually the first markdown is 20-25% off second is half 3rd is 75% 4th is 90% . I found this a lot in spary paint, mis-tints(customer returns, furious at color), tools, lawn and garden, toys, stationary. Not in foods however, foods fly out door. Now before you go driving all over town, check the item price/availability at sister stores. You may be shoicked to see it at reg price or if low quantity it will not tell you price, so in that case its a gamble(just drive). But I find it worth taking because if you are working on a DIY project you may find an abundance of a color, mine was that throw-up green color. I found 10 cans of silver spray paint for fitty cent. Yellow for parking lots

Tags (1)
5 Replies

ThanRe: Wal-mart clearance secret

nicholsontn86
Rewards Hunter

Thanks for the info!!!🤗

0 Likes

Re: Wal-mart clearance secret

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Shopping Enthusiast

I have found Ibotta items in the clearance section multiple times.  It’s worth a quick look.

Tags (1)
0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

I recently picked up a tube of Aveeno sunscreen SPF 70 on clearance for $4.50 a tube, regularly $8.00.  But there was a $3.00 rebate in Ibotta, so I got it for $1.50.  Much better price than $8.00!!

0 Likes

Kathyx
Deal Sharer

Thank you! 

It's kind of difficult to use the app internet never working at walmart do you have any idea why I can't pay with Ibotta because of that 

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

Make sure youo WiFi is formed on& it should connect to Walmart automatically, you also have to link account to pay with Ibotta 

0 Likes