cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to Ibotta?

Lajljmtm
Rewards Hunter

I've been using Ibotta for years and it's was always my most favorite ap. Lately though it's not so good. In fact if I wasn't trying to get the more then $150 I've earned I would just delete the app. Every time I see the commercials on tv my blood boils. 

Instead of trying to bring more people in they need to fix the problems and get a customer service department that actually responds to problems. Ben trying to get in my account for 16 days, it takes 4-6 days every time I email CS for them to answer, 

So growing pains, app failing, or what ever, stop trying to grow and fix the problems. In 5 years I've never seen so many complaints. 

7 Replies

Re: What happened to Ibotta?

ElRosa
Rewards Hunter

I totally agree.  I notice things are different,

Dana
Deal Expert

They've been having problems since Friday. Every time you put in a ticket you get put to the bottom of the list and have to wait longer. If you want a faster response send them a facebook message

JLBdS
Shopper

Good tip to post to FB. I’ve been trying to work with them on several issues since May.

The one that I won’t let go is the $45 offer for first time subscribers to Sun Basket. They won’t honor it despite my documentation and confirmation from Sun Basket. When I ask for updates, they punt, say they are waiting to SunBasket to confirm. And they won’t let me speak to anyone at ibotta. I call BS.  

Sun Basket confirmed I purchased at the exact time I said I did. And I took screen shots of the ibotta offer at that time. I hate taking this public but It’s been 5 months and they are stringing me along. What a waste of my time!

DorothyFew
Saver

yeah I'm new to the app and it seems like they do have quite a few of issues with the app I mean I like it but every day you're really actually got to kind of work at it and keep track to make sure that you get your credits

global1
Shopper

I usually get responses within 48-72 hours. Another good thing is that you can go to the receipt in the app and file a ticket there.

0 Likes

KeidraSister
Rewards Hunter

I agree. Ibotta isn’t even worth the space on my iPhone anymore. There aren’t any good savings. By the time I do buy what I see, when I get home to get my refund it’s no longer available. I’m an iTunes buyer and that’s gone. Publix Grocery store shopper and nothing I normally buy is no longer available. Target shopper… nothing. I believe I will just delete this app. I did earn $193 and then all of a sudden Ibotta became obsolete. It’s not even worth opening the app anymore to shop. It’s not worth it. 

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

This very old conversation may still be relevant, but for different issues.

I know I haven't had the problems many have reported, but it is very difficult to balance growth and stability.

As for lack of good deals, I must disagree.  I shop Walmart, Publix, Walgreens and Target and I get many deals every week.

Remember, Ibotta is a marketing company.  The deals come from manufacturers who want you to try their products, many of them new.  If you aren't willing to try new things, Ibotta may seem useless.  I like trying new things, especially when they are free.