cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What lures you back?

What-Shot
Super Saver

What lures you back to Ibotta & other rebate apps?

What's your incentive to keep coming back?

Considering:

1. How much personal time I spend scrolling thru my apps and striving to make a BINGO or TRINGO...
  2. How much time & energy I consume when I need to submit tickets for issues...
  3. How much gas I use by going from store to store to conquer the FAO...

I sometime wonder: What keeps me coming back to ibotta and other rebate apps?

1. Is it the FREEbies? or MM? 
  2. Is is the extra cash or pocket change at the end of the shopping trip?
  3. Is it the pleasure of conquering the FAO? FAS?
  4. Is it something else?

How much is this really "costing me"? 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
13 Replies

Re: What lures you back?

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@What-Shot , this is a good question, and I look forward to seeing everyone’s answers. For me, it’s a combination. I love getting freebies on things that are new to me, that I wouldn’t have bought without the rebate, but then come to love many of them, and will now continue to buy them. I love saving money on the brands and things I already buy for my family. And I love to see my savings account add up while at the same time seeing my cabinets, refrigerator, and freezer fill up. 

I try to bundle most of my shopping and errands into a couple days a week that correspond with the days IB bonuses come out as much as possible to save on gas. I would have to run errands without these rebate apps so I just try to be smart about how I plan them now. 

I actually don’t spend a lot of time anymore, pouring through the apps to see all the deals. (When I first started I did, though) I closely follow the deals others post, and I check the other apps and the What’s New section of IB a couple times a day, but that doesn’t take long to do. I screenshot or immediately write down any deals I see that I want to take advantage of so I can quickly make my list before I head out to the stores. 

For me, the savings, the full cabinets, and the experience of trying new things keeps me coming back. 💕

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'd be interested to hear from you all about this as well. It helps give us an idea of what matters most and with that we can fine tune better.

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

I posted a reply to this but got a message that it will be posted once approved. That was a new one for me. Usually when I post, it shows up right away. 😆

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

@Mikosmama fixed. For some reason our spam filter took it but I just removed it from there.

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@LaraL , thank you so much! You’re the best! I think I know why that happened. My phone was lagging, and I hit submit a few times in a row without thinking because it looked like nothing was happening. And finally that message popped up about waiting to be approved. I appreciate your help! Sorry for my incompetence!

LaraL
Community Manager

It's probably not an incompetence thing honestly. The spam filter hasn't been taught any rules yet so it tends to pull things that it shouldn't. It'll get better with time as I train the algorithm.

Thanks for sharing your perspective on what keeps you using cash back apps like Ibotta!

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

I come back for the savings and because normally it’s a lot of fun.  

Dolejoriginal
Deal Sharer

It doesn't really bring me back but what keeps me using it despite all the issues/glitches and often frustration.  Is the money, it adds up and every little bit counts.  

Dean
Deal Ambassador

@What-Shot  For me, it's all the things you list. But is it worth it? I was already clipping coupons and going through sales circulars long before shopping apps and deal sites. So I consider this an extension of that. I don't clip as many paper coupons or get the number of circulars as I once did. So apps and sites have replaced that activity, and made things easier and efficient. Of course, freebies and MMs do make things more enticing. It's like a scavenger hunt or a game of Pokemon Go. Except the rewards are real.

“Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs…”