cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Mini-lesson would you share?

What-Shot
Super Saver

If you were given a soapbox to teach everyone here a mini-lesson about something important to you, but something that has absolutely nothing to do with ibotta....what lesson would you offer to share/teach?

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
13 Replies

Re: What Mini-lesson would you share?

Icequeen813
Deal Master

Make yourself necessary & you will always be needed

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

Treat everyone with kindness. We are all different from each other, and sometimes people may not do the same for you. But always be kind. 

What-Shot
Super Saver

Those would be good lessons, @Mikosmama and @Icequeen813.

I would choose a topic not so noble as your choices.

I would offer to teach a lesson in how to write last names in plural form....emphasizing that apostrophes are for writing in the possessive form (and contractions)--NOT for making last names plural.

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

Lol, @What-Shot ! I thought that was where you were going with this question. 😂

But thank you for the lesson. I am guilty of this but now I will watch myself when writing last names!

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Mikosmama: Last names that end in an "s" seem particularly difficult for most people to convert into plural.  For example: The Jones Family  = The Joneses. But if referring to their home, an apostrophe would be required. Thankfully, my lesson would not begin that point....it would culminate there!

SaverGirl67

It’s worth the effort to recycle and you should always recycle glass. (The easiest to recycle). #1 and #2 plastics are the easiest and cleanest to recycle - and you can all just throw your #5s into the trash because they are extremely toxic to the environment when burned and not worth recycling. Avoid buying them when you can. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@What-Shot 

I was going a different direction originally.

But to piggyback off of yours (which BTW, I have honestly never noticed anyone doing), I have several:

• Properly use of their/there/they're,  than/then, its/it's, your/you're, affect/effect, to/too/two, i.e./e.g.
  • It is 'couldn't care less'.  If you could care less, it means you do care some.
  • And absolutely never try to prove you are smarter than someone by telling them that their grammer is horrible.  I see this quite often.  It is sort of like the linguistic equivalent of an  'own goal in soccer or hockey.'
“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

FelskyNY
Deal Master

Funny, I was going to say LISTEN . 

YOU don't always know best. 

Every conversation does not have to be had at the top of your lungs. 

The younger generation have a lot to say and say it well. 

The other side of the aisle has something to say. 

Not everything is black and white. 

And lastly, an opinion is simply that, an opinion.  IT IS NOT A FACT.

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

I just saw a saying up at my doctor’s office, and I thought this is a great mini lesson! 
“Be thankful for the difficult people in your life for they have shown you who you do not want to be.”