cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: You Know You're an Ibotta Snob when...

Dana
Deal Expert

@What-Shot  no it doesn't. I don't spend any extra money just for rebates that's not saving money. I do cash out so I can pay for birthdays, anniversaries, christmas and new years. I havent had to pay out of pocket for them for many years.

GottaBotta
Shopper

interesting what you said. does anyone else buy extra and store it for later?

What-Shot
Super Saver

I totally agree, @Dana , that "paying extra money" does not reconcile with "saving money." 

I always "do the math." When, paying $1 or $2 out of pocket will bring me enough items to avail of a $5 or $10 bonus, I consider those situations an investment with dividends!

Another exception is when I get something of remarkable value for "peanuts." 

I appreciate interacting with people who have a different perspective than my own...and those who have different goals than my own. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

What-Shot
Super Saver

@GottaBotta: Sometimes I "stock up." But most of the time I do the math to get as much for free or money maker as possible--whether or not I will use/need the items. I find GREAT JOY in sharing those items with people in my social circles and/or donating to the local food pantry. 

Call me an ibotta snob if you will, but I find it difficult to restrain myself when I know that the "purchase" of a particular item will end up being free or a money maker. 

What-Shot
Super Saver

I know that I'm an ibotta snob on Wednesdays,  my midweek bonus is either complete (or never existed), I see a bunch of new FREEBATES and/or MoneyMakers....and I end up totally torn:

I'd love to run out now to get all those offers,  but if I restrain myself until tomorrow (Thursday), all those purchases have the potential of applying to a Weekend Warrior bonus. 

Oh, the predicament of an Ibotta Snob!

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@What-Shot  I feel your pain.  I need 2 more and I'm debating about waiting for tomorrow if we get a weekend warrior - or getting the last 2 just in case the bonus disappears. .  

0 Likes

Tluvs2save
Deal Sharer

Omg this is definitely me!! I also brag to my husband how much I have earned and then get crazy excited when I see I earned a bonus I didn't know about

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Tluvs2save  Welcome valued member LOL - you found a place that will accept you coupons and all!

Tluvs2save
Deal Sharer

YES!!!!!

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Ibotta may be the whole reason I'm a kombucha nut. I'm rather disappointed that this past year there wasn't a lot of kombucha offers after a much more frequent and consistent dose of such the previous year+