Core Shopper

alphaburritos.PNG

ShopRite:
Alpha Burrito - $2.59
$1.00 back from coupons.com
$1.00 back from Ibotta
Final cost = $0.59

Anyone tried these yet?

My Stop and Shop has it for $2.89. Both of these stores are usually more expensive for me, especially in store. Your stores may be even cheaper for a better deal!

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Alpha Burritos

Hazel
Core Shopper

I ended up finding it at SNS for $2.09 despite the website saying higher priced and store tag even higher. I was scanning to double check price and it ended up cheaper!

On top of that, I saw that the Alpha Burrito itself had a $1.00 off Peelie sticker! I've never seen or used a peelie before haha

$2.09 - $1 Peelie - $1.00 IR = $0.09!

Should've done more! I actually don't know if SNS would accept more than 1 peelie for each if I were to get like 5 on the same receipt? @FelskyNY do you know?

Alas, it was late and last minute shop. Only grabbed one and it was the last one of the Philly! @mom2furkids 

CDC have a $1 back, not sure if that one will go through. If it does, would be -$0.91 MM!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
27 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

@Hazel  I have tried the Philly and the Pizza varieties and liked both, but the Philly is by far my favorite. I have purchased it several times. I have only cooked mine in the microwave (they do get kind of soggy in some areas but that doesn't bother me) but others here have mentioned cooking them in the oven with good results. No ShopRite near me, but for .59 I would say you can't go wrong!

Solved! Go to solution

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

I bought several of these for my son, mom and niece. I could only find them at Weis though at full price which was $4.99. My son and mom didn't like them at all. My niece said it was just ok and would only eat them again if there wasn't anything else to eat. Needless to say, I haven't bought them since but I still have two more Alpha products in my freezer. My mom said I should give them to the dog if my niece doesn't eat them soon. I hope you and your family like them better than my family did.

Solved! Go to solution

Hazel
Core Shopper

@Marethundsabre Thanks for sharing! For that price, doesn't seem like it's worth it if your family isn't enjoying them. I think plant based alternative is a bit tough to get right because of various tasting preferences. I prefer real meat.

But for $0.59, I'm open to trying them. I'm going to go with the Philly, thanks for your suggestion! @mom2furkids Does it hold up well or fall apart as you're eating it? I was thinking maybe searing it a little on the pan to strengthen the burrito

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Hazel  My Shoprite is priced at $2.99  (and I'm showing a $1 digital also)

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Hazel
Core Shopper

@FelskyNY Strange. I don't see a $1 digital on mine. Also strange that yours is more expensive, usually it's the other way around.

What's your price for Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seed? There's a $4.00 IR

hempseed.PNG

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Hazel   Same - $5.99 (which would be a great price if I used it)

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Hazel
Core Shopper

@FelskyNY True. I've never tried it but the deal brings it down to $2. Maybe not bad price for adding to smoothies and yogurts

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

@Hazel The burritos have always held up well for me when eating them. I've never had to resort to using a fork to pick up spilling out pieces anyway! LOL But full disclosure, I do cook them for longer than suggested. This does cause the seams to become hard/crisp, but that's my preference.

Solved! Go to solution

Hazel
Core Shopper

@mom2furkids Hmm, now you got me thinking. Maybe air frying would make it crispy. Like a big spring roll