cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Alpha Burritos

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

@Hazel Yay! That is so exciting! I love when you get to the store and the deal is even better than expected. And good for you using your first peelie. Now you'll always be on the lookout! LOL That's just like finding a dollar bill on the ground! πŸ˜Š

Solved! Go to solution

Hazel
Core Shopper

@FelskyNY Thanks

@mom2furkids Yes, exactly that, finding a dollar lol

Solved! Go to solution

Sebsa
Deal Sharer

@Hazel 

The Alpha brand is one of my favorite product discoveries through iBotta. I've tried the pizza burrito and the tamale. I love the tamale. I usually eat it on the go, so I've only tried microwaving it, which works well for me. 

My store sells them for over $4 a pop, so I'm jealous of your shelf pricing, let alone your deal! πŸ™‚ Thanks for the heads up about the peelies...maybe my store will have them too!

Solved! Go to solution

Hazel
Core Shopper

@Sebsa I haven't see the Tamale flavor, only philly, pizza, and fajita. Maybe Mexicali too but not Tamale. Will BOLO.

I'm not sure if the peelies are on all of them. I was just surprise to see one only having to recently learned what they are. Check your local SNS. SR also have it for less than $3

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Deal Master

I have been buying the Alpha Burritos for a while.  My Walmart has them for $2.64 and there was a $1.00 on 2 rebate from Ibotta.

In addition, Swagbucks had a deal to get 500 SB ($5.00) back when you buy 2 from Walmart.

So, if I bought two at Walmart, it would cost me $5.28 - $5.00 SB - $1.00 IB or $.72 MM

My freezer is quite full of these right now.

I like to eat two for a meal.  Unfortunately, there is no microwave instructions for TWO, so I heat them up for 1 minute, flip them and heat for another minute.  Then, I put them in for another minute, but on 50% power.

There is an art to cooking these.  My biggest complaint is that sometimes they are still cool in the middle.

I haven't tried them in the oven.  I may try it that way to see how they cook up.

Thanks..

Solved! Go to solution

Hazel
Core Shopper

@mmoore01 Whoa! That's definitely a nice deal to stock up on. Do you have an air fryer? I hear that's great for these

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Hazel
Core Shopper

Hazel_0-1643394799526.png

They're even cheaper on new sales week at SNS, down to $1.79. With $1.00 peelie and $1.00 IR. Although IR hasn't replenished yet or would even come back

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Hazel
Core Shopper

I totally forgot I had this and found it when I was cleaning up the freezer lol

I like it, it's not bad. I taste more of the pepper spice but not really meaty. It does get a bit soggy after microwaving and the wrap is dough-y. I'm convinced that because of the size of this "burrito" and the texture, it's better to [air] fry it for a crispy outer shell like a crunchy spring roll. Maybe with some dipping sauce. I used some of the Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce I got from the other Ibotta deal with the Philly burrito. It adds a bit of a smoky taste.

I'll grab this again if the deal comes back up and also try other flavors along with trying to fry it for the crispy texture.

Thanks everyone

0 Likes