cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animals Eat Soybeans?

mmoore01
Deal Master

There are TWO new Any Brand offers that asks a question:

• Did you know that animals eat soybeans as a source of Protein?

I am not sure what this has to do with anything.

Are the Chicken and Pork merchants want you to eat chicken and pork because they use soybeans to feed their animals?  Will this make a vegan eat either?

I am sure that if the animals had a choice, the soybeans would be the last thing they would eat.  It's just cheap.

Anyone understand this advertising?

6 Replies

Re: Animals Eat Soybeans?

cheryl_123
Core Shopper

@mmoore01 I agree that question is weird. I feel like they're launching a marketing effort to convince me that soybean fed meat is somehow better or healthier even though, like you said, it's just cheap. 

0 Likes

kynuna
Core Shopper

Cattle eat corn. It’s all a result of farmers being subsidized to grow certain crops, and then you’ve got to find something to do with all that product. It’s not healthier for the animals or the consumer, it’s just cheaper. 

0 Likes

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@mmoore01 It was odd, definitely.

I answered no the first time, then I wasn't sure whether to say yes or no the second time since by then I knew! 😁 After deliberating for .008 seconds, I said no. I didn't want to be inconsistent. 😆

LizH4011
Core Shopper

Lol. I went through the exact same thought process as you, @Francoise!

0 Likes

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@LizH4011 I'm not as odd as I thought, then!

0 Likes

Saipan
Deal Expert

Makes me think of that saying "Two negatives don't make a positive". Whether a creature (critter) consumes another creature (critter) or some type of organic matter such as a grain, legume, or something like seaweed, it is still meat.