cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you Pre-Paid rich?

SaverGirl67

I like to have a couple of pre-paid things up my sleeve at all times - Target GC is always a favorite for deal stacking - but sometimes I find I also have an abundance of random things stashed away. I’m on vacation for 2 weeks so I’m looking through my drawer and my staycation is looking pretty good - actually I’m feeling kinda rich - Which is great since  I don’t have a lot of “fun money” right now. (all my money is going into the house lol)

As I looked through it I was wondering if it’s just me or if the kind of people that Ibotta also keep a pre-paid stash?

The best thing I have right now?  $50  GC to my favorite local brunch place. In addition to my stash drawer I do have points from all the regular places - Fetch & Shopkick et al  which is why I feel so rich!

So, do you have a pre-paid stash? And if you do what’s the best thing in it?

39 Replies

Re: Are you Pre-Paid rich?

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67  I usually cash out my apps at either $25 or $50 so I do have some stash available, and when I cash out, I generally cash out to Amazon, so I have some Amazon available.  My friend in CA is having surgery tomorrow, so I just sent her a gift using an Amazon GC.  I presently have plenty of CVS EB stash as well - but I generally like to roll those on good deals.  Mostly everything else I cash out to my bank.  

I did give my son $25 Chipotle GC - so that's his stash (not mine)

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67 

I have about:

• $2300 home depot
  • $279 lowes
  • $58.menards
  • $50 target
  • $50 best buy
  • $13 CVS EB
  • Another $372.59  at various other places
"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  Wow that's great - what are you planning at home depot?  and don't forget your CVS EB

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Lol @FelskyNY .  Thanks for the adsist.  I updated above.

So I bought a lot of HD GCs many years ago for home improvements and got them around 26% off, largely in EBAY.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta   Much better LOL

0 Likes

Dean
Rewards Advocate

I normally cash out to gift cards and use them as soon as possible. Basically recycling rewards. I do buy discounted gift cards. Last week, HEB had some GC promotions of buy one get the second 40% off. I bought two $15 Whataburger cards and have already started using them. I do have GCs added to the Target app which I use when I go there. Only other one is a Lowe’s card that I’m saving for a home project when I have time. 

“Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs…”

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

@Rickibotta  Wow, that’s a huge stash!

I cash out most apps to PayPal, then to my bank so hubby doesn’t complain about my spending 😂

The rest I just cash out to WM or Target to recycle on deals. 

Lollykins
Core Shopper

Walgreens app says I have $3.27 in WG cash.  Does that count?  😂

Hubby & I have plans to retire early...like way early (for us) around 55.  So all my rebates & such go right back to buying things that would otherwise come out of our budget. 

Guess I don't qualify as rich on any front, but I will have a LOT of free time in a few years. 😉

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Lollykins   I would love to retire at 55 - oh wait - that was last year - darn I missed it.  That is a great goal.  Pay down whatever you can (if you have debt) and live within or below your means.