cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Are you Pre-Paid rich?

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

I love the original post but am also enjoying everyone’s comments about retirement!
I have just little under $60 in my ibotta account. I usually cash out to my bank account as soon as it reaches $25. This time,  I’m saving it for a gift card at P.F. Chang for my b-day later this month (not ready to pull the trigger yet, in case I change my mind 😉). I have just $5 for Amazon from Fetch and $4.15 for Walgreens cash rewards, mainly from doing myWalgreens Health Goals. 
I buy Target gift cards when they offer 5 to 10% off for TC - mostly for b-day and holiday gifts, but some of them I use for purchasing household items and prescriptions at CVS inside of Target. 

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Sometimes I wish I was retired.  Still working in IT after 43 years (minus a couple of years between jobs).  My latest contract was renewed for another two years plus two one-year extensions.  And I do remember the washing machine drives.

The "current" system I am working on has 2 Meg of memory max and up to 32 partitions of memory.  Programming in a dinosaur language that went extinct decades ago.  But it still works and gets the job done.  The only people who knew this system are retired or dead.  But I think I have a couple more years left in me.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mmoore01 

What u working with?  Assembler. PASCAL, FORTRAN?

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

I have :

• $84.30 in Walgreens Cash
  • $9.42 in Extra Bucks
  • Checkout 51 $10.20
  • Fetch $37.31
  • CoinOut - $17.47
  • Swagbucks - $33.94
  • Shopkick - $19.39
  • Ibotta - $45.34
  • GetUpside - $16.50
  • $25 in Taco Bell gift cards from P&G Everyday
  • $76.22 in Target Gift Cards
  • $10 in Walmart gift cards

Maybe I can retire now!

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

@Rickibotta 

EDL - Event Driven Language - Developed by IBM in the late 1970's for the IBM Series 1.  IBM stopped making the machines in 1984, but the system is still running.  Sort of a macro language that calls assembler.  Luckily, I don't have to do any assembler.  

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mmoore01 

I worked with EDL briefly  in 1984 1985 @ purdue for a manufacturing company on campus as a side gig whilst matriculating.  Gladly. I never encountered it again. 

The vast majority of what I have done is IMS DB/ DC and COBOL and DB2, SAS, TELON

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

In the early 1980's, many places used IBM Series 1 computers.  Every General Motors plant had one or more to help with testing vehicles that came off the assembly line.  The military used them a lot because they could take extreme conditions.  They were used in some grocery chains to communicate between the stores and the home office.

There is even a Wikipedia page for the machine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Series/1

0 Likes

SaverGirl67

Wow guys!  I’m so impressed with all of your replies. Pre-paid riches, early retirement plans and the fast cash turnover folks.

You guys are amazing and I’m going to tell you again how lucky I feel to be a part of this group. We are all putting in the effort to reach our personal goals one rebate/discount at a time and we still take the time to share our great deals and finds. I find that so inspiring.  

Janet1964
Super Saver

I have 4 $25 restaurant gift cards, 10 in get upside, 10 in fetch, 30 in Shopkick, 19 in CO51, 30 in inbox , 12 in KCB, and 20 in kroger fuel points

I just used my 70 in Belks rewards this week to buy a birthday gift for my grandson, two outfits for my granddaughter, 1 top and 4 pair of capris for myself.

Nikcodymom
Core Shopper

I have a separate bank account that I opened years ago…never used it until I started doing Ibotta.  Didn’t want to link our main account…just in case you know….anyway when I cash out it goes in that account.  I joined in March and last month I was able to put a hefty deposit on a week family vacation for next year.  My earnings from here on out will go to pay for the rest of the owed amount which is about $400 and thereafter will be spending money for gas, food, shopping, etc.  Our trip isn’t till the beginning of August 2022 so by then I should have a good amount stashed🤞🏼🤞🏼So it’s like having a prepaid trip I guess 😄😄