cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August Savings

Janet1964
Super Saver

As many if you know, I was struck by COVID which turned to pneumonia on 8/12, so 8/11 was the last time I left the house until 9/3. So not too much shopping during the month of August. I did have my best month ever however in savings. First of all, I do not shop online for groceries and because the nearest supermarket is 25 miles away- I do  not have the option of pickup and delivery. So all my shopping is done in an actual store.

I made 5 trips to a store in the first 11 days of August and here are my totals for the month.  I purchased $496.63 and my total oop after coupons and rebates was $106.91. That is a savings of 78% - my best average so far. That included a $25 gift card to Cracker Barrell that I used this weekend when I went to the beach to finish recuperating.

I went shopping for the first time on 9/3 and completed my ww 5/18 bonus , and am making my list for the midweek 1/8 now and hope to finish the 10/42 bonus by this weekend. I did use alot of my Ibotta finds during my 3 weeks that I shopped for absolutely nothing.

It feels so good to be back to a normal schedule.

3 Replies

Re: August Savings

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

@Janet1964 

Glad you are feeling better. 

I've been lucky so far.  I go to the store almost every day and so far I have stayed healthy.  I always wear my mask and grab the wipes and hand sanitizer at every store.  I have gotten the vaccine, so if I do catch Covid, I hope my downtime will be minimal.

Welcome back.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Janet1964 

Wow.  That is an insane amount of food to me  That would be about $1,400 a month in food.  I am not sure I have ever spent over $500 a month, but then again, I have never had to buy for more than three or four people

And I believe you said hubby generally buys most of the meat when you get some.

I am so glad you are getting back to your old self

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

cweiner31
Core Shopper

@Janet1964  glad you're feeling better. Where do you live that the nearest supermarket is 25 miles away? Makes me thankful that I have 5 of them within about 2 miles.