Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Barilla Chickpea/Red Lentil pasta MM Kroger & affiliates

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@jlhersback 

I always get 5 of a mm.  

Even if I don't use them, I give them away or donate them.

Food I usually donate.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@Rickibotta , you’re cracking me up! I will look at those red lentil pastas a little differently now.....😆 I hope you enjoy the chickpea ones you have!

@Nique and @RCKCreatEnt  thanks for letting us know what you thought of the ones you had! That is very helpful!

@jlhersback , good tips. I wished I had noticed the Kellogg’s bars before I left the store!

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Rickibotta I fully understand I exhausted the KCB opportunity till at least the 26th

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Mikosmama 

I am sure most normal people will love these.  I really wanted to love the chickpea pasta as much as I wanted to love couscous, but I can only confess that I tolerated it, something of a grudge eat.   I actually quite like, but do not love couscous though.

I guess I am hopelessly that guy who when someone wants me to eat squirrel, opossum, goat, raccoon, etc., I just figure if it tastes like chicken, I will just stick with chicken because I know it tastes like chicken.

I made mine with a medley of yellow/red peppers, red onions, and garlic, and Kroger hot italian sausage.  I think that is the main reason why I at least tolerated it.....all of my favorite things brought my rating up.

I am as cheap as the day is long though, so I need to do some figgering (intended sic to emphasize pronunciation) on whether getting a penny to eat these is better than paying 49¢ for Barilla/Creamette when they are on sale at Kroger which they are quite often

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Mikosmama 

This would be even better if there was something else to stack with it to make it cheaper.

Wait......oh there is!!!

STACK WITH FETCH TO MAKE EVEN MORE

Check to see if you have this FETCH offer:  75¢ off and the terms appear to say on this one that it is a limit of 3, but can do up to all 3 on the one receipt.  Usually it is one submission (one item) per receipt and you have to do it 3 times.

So, if this works, then you would get 5 free and have $2.30 mm.

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

What?! @Rickibotta  another stack with this deal would make it much better! Thanks for the heads up. I don’t have this Fetch offer. But I’m thinking this might make your self-proclaimed cheapness happy to have to deal with another round of raccoon and squirrel...oh I mean, chickpeas and red lentils. 😆 

Thanks for your thoughts on the pasta, the way you fixed it up sounds so good to me. I have to figure out yet how I want to make it. I will have more time next week to think about it. Until then, I will keep the notion in my head that I am going to love it.

oh, and I love couscous, so maybe that’s a good sign that I will be favorable towards this? 🤷🏻‍

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

$2.78 moneymaker on 3 Barilla Chickpea

Bought 3 Barilla Chickpea for $4.47.

Redeemed for $2.25 ibotta rebate (75¢X3) <and> $2.25 KCB (75¢X5) <and> $2.75 FETCH (75¢X3+50¢ bonus)

$4.47 less $7.25 - $2.78 moneymaker

So, yeah I guess I will eat these three after all.  Maybe if I add hot sauce it will be better.....lol

@Janet1964  @Welshcar , did you all see this deal?  Good for going towards the bonuses

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@Rickibotta , whoop whoop! Free tastes good, but money makers taste even better! Remind yourself of that when it comes time to use these up. 😋😆 

Welshcar
Deal Ambassador

@Rickibotta  Yes I did, I will pick them up Saturday morning. I actually like this pasta, have bought it before  

0 Likes