cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG payout for small purchase at Kroger

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

20210601_132503.jpg

 boy did I score at Frys today even tho just a couple pkgs of crackers and a bottle of vitamins. I searched the clearance as ways and found a bottle of Alive prenatal vitamins on clearance for $1!!! I couldn't believe it. I'm totally out of range for child bearing days, but regardless, prenatal vitamins are still really good to take so I snatched it right up. They are normally $14.99 for gawd sakes. They were still sealed...not expired or anything. I think it was a mark down boo boo but I made sure it rang up at the $1 when checking out and sure enough it was.

There were other kinda 9f crunchmaster at $2.99, but specifically the cheese garlic I got was closeout $2.62

2 crunchmaster $2.62 each =$5.24-$2DC-$2KCB-$2IB making them a .76MM

Alive vitamins $1.00(on clearance)-$4IB=$3MM

This completed my WDW so I recieved an additional $3 IB back😀

25 Replies

Re: BIG payout for small purchase at Kroger

SaverGirl67

@Donna2   Nice little haul!

Its important to celebrate the small things in life!! 🎉🌸🍷

Rickibotta
Ultimate Saver

@Donna2 

You know that in general the KCB does not stack with DQs, correct?  It is against their TOS.

That being said, since the DQ and KCB was the same amount  ($2), I did clip the KCB. 

As my luck would have it, I did get both.  If the KCB does not come off, there is no case for you to 'fight it

If DQ is less than the KCB, I don't use the DQ.

If DQ is greater than or equal to the KCB, I use the DQ and hope the KCB comes thru.

The last 14 times I have tried to double dip, it has only worked twice now.

Nice little score though.  It is a nice surprise when things align.

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@Rickibotta So far I've not had a problem with using a DQ coupled with KCB.  The crunchmasters did drop off my KCB gallery after my purchase so I'm thinking will go thru. I think I've only had a DQ line up with KCB a few times that I have used tho. I've definitley used more.paper coupons coupled with KCB with no trouble. 

Was checking out kroger lady add sales previews a bit ago. Looks like some pretty good sales coming. I shop at a Frys at sometimes sale items are a little diff from an actual Kroger store but mostly the same. 

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Rickibotta, @Donna2: In my experience, whenever I have clipped Kroger DCs and activated KCB for the same item, BOTH are credited to me.

Their TOS say this:

• "Digital Coupons and paper coupons may not be combined on the purchase of a single item.

Thus my understanding is that if the register has calculated my DC for an item, I cannot expect to use a paper coupon for the same item.

I understand that Digital Coupons are NOT the same as Kroger Cash Back.

Therfore, in my experience I always got KCB for items that also recognized my Kroger DC for the same item. If this were against their TOS it would be their responsibility to adjust their in-house settings.

On the other hand, I do NOT stack CO51 or Swagbucks with ibotta or any type of coupon/rebate because for most of their offers their TOS specifically states such. 

Am I missing something here?  

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Rickibotta
Ultimate Saver

@What-Shot @Donna2 

This has not changed.   This is the same way it has been since August 2020

Before that the computer logic was not in place to disallow if DQ was used.

And it also allowed you to use offers up to 5 times before the offer expired

========================================= Cash Back Rules

Can I use Cash Back Offers as well as Digital Coupons on the same item?

Digital Coupons and Cash Back Offers may not be combined and are limited to one per item. Cash Back Offers and paper coupons may also not be combined on the purchase of a single item.

========================================

https://www.kroger.com/hc/help/faqs/ways-to-save/cash-back

Again, I understand KCB may go through, but you should not count on it since it is against their TOS. 

I also believe KCB will 'disappear' irrespective of whether or not you have used a DQ, so it only means it is pulled for redemption.  The step that disallows it is done during the processing period of the following night or two.  So if it disappears it is generally a good sign, but it can still be disallowed. So the edit checks are not done at purchase time but rather during processing.

This is why I do not use a DQ if it is worth less than the KCB.

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"

Janet1964
Rewards Advocate

@Donna2 

Great job!

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Ultimate Saver

CRUNCHMASTER 

I lose track of when all these deals reset, but check to see if you may have the Crunchmaster again.

I purchased on 5/29 and it is back in KCB for me.   Perhaps it was there a week ago when Donna posted her deal.

Current price is $2.49 as part of the B6S3 deal. 

$2.49 each X2 = $4.98 less $2 KCB WYB2 less $2 ibotta WYB2 = 98¢ for two

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Donna2  That's what I've been doing the past few weeks.  Picking up a few things at a time, small moneymakers if I can.  A moneymaker is a moneymaker.  I never took prenatal vitamins.  I took 1 and threw it up and that was it on my prenatal journey.  I have been working so many hours this week that when I can escape even for 20 minutes, it's a pleasure and I come home feeling energized.  I love when people share pics.

0 Likes

Sorensoj
Core Shopper

@Rickibotta Thanks for pointing that out about DQ and KCB.  I was wondering about that as I was looking through the Pick n Save app.    It would be nice if we could clip the DQ and add the same product for cash back.  Is there a limit to how many DQ or cash back items that can be clipped per day?  Seems like the app stops letting me clip after a certain number.  

0 Likes