cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOGO with coupons question

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

If an item is BOGO can I use a coupon on each one?

Specifically, there is a BOGO sale on Blue buffalo dog food. I have 2 coupons for $4 off each bag. Can I use both coupons? One on each one even tho 1 is free?

0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: BOGO with coupons question

What-Shot
Super Saver

In my experience, yes. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

ChipL955
Deal Sharer

It depends on the store, if I understand your question correctly. It’s my understanding that at some Kroger stores, each BOGO item rings up at half price and a coupon can be used on both—while at other Kroger stores one rings up full price and the other at free, and only one coupon can be used. At Rite Aid, their policy specifically prohibits using a coupon on a free item (although I think for a long time their registers would accept coupons on both the full price item and the free one—don’t know if that’s still true since they’ve recently reprogrammed their registers).  

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@What-Shot @ChipL955 @Ok I'm going to give it a try tomorrow at Frys. This is the kind of food I get for my dogs and is a really good deal so I'd like to stock up for sure

0 Likes

Lollykins
Core Shopper

Check the specific store's coupon policy.  Publix will allow one coupon per item with BOGO sales.  Winn-Dixie will not take coupons for the free item in a BOGO sale.  

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Donna2  Ditto with everyone else - it depends on the store.   At CVS it worked on the vitamins that were BOGO -stacked with a BOGO and both were free.   

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Donna2 

To think of the Kroger rules differently, you can only use a coupon for an item you paid  more for than the value of the coupon.  

So for stores that ring up as a true BOGOF like mine, Kroger policy is no coupons are allowed.  

As others have said, if your store rings up half off for both in a BOGOF deal, then you can only use Qs that are less than the 'half-price' paid for each.

This also relates to BOGO50%.  If something is $1.50 BOGO50% off, and that results in one being 75¢, so you can't use $1 DQ on that item.  You may get by with a $1 PQ, but the worker will likely not apply it if they look at the price paid.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Donna2: We're ecpecting a report on how this worked Out for you....

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@What-Shot oh I'm sorry! Lol thanks for reminding me. I went to Frys and they would only accept one coupon since the 2nd bag of food was free. Bummer! But still a good deal as I paid $7 bucks after $4coup for 2 bags of blue buffalo dog food so I didn't pout for very long.

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@Rickibotta I was so hoping each bag would ring up 50% off so I could use 2 coups, but Frys did indeed zero out the second bag. This is the first bogo from Frys I've done so it seems I still learn something new everyday. Keeps me on my toes!

0 Likes