cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coin Out Email for a Nift Gift Card

mmoore01
Deal Master

I received an email today from Coin Out indicating they are thanking me for being a Coin Out user with a $30 NIFT gift card.  Did anyone else get this?

It says it is good at 7000 businesses nationwide.

Has anyone gone any further than reading the email?

Anyone know what Nift is?

Thanks.

0 Likes
13 Replies

Re: Coin Out Email for a Nift Gift Card

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@mmoore01  Yep I got it too - but the gift code is so generic - that I'm not sure if it's legit. 

0 Likes

biimotola
Deal Sharer

@mmoore01 ,yeah I got this too,trying to find out what's all about.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

From what I can tell, the company is called Nift, which stands for Neighborhood Gift.  Though they say there is 7000 businesses, they pair you up with two.  I am assuming they ask you a bunch of questions to see what you like.

The company is based in Boston and the original idea was to visit the shop and buy it there.  One, I am not traveling to Boston.  Second, I don't want to pay for shipping.  That article was in 2016.

I suspect they have grown and now do other areas of the country.  Maybe shipping is free.  But I don't want to sign up for a service or monthly plan of some kind.  But if they have something for less than $30 and it is absolutely free, I might consider it.

That's all I know.

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Shopping Enthusiast

I got the email too, but think I will pass.  Thanks for sharing what you found.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

Update.

I tried to get the Nift card, but after I filled out their form, I got an error with a BIG picture of a dog.  It said to try to refresh my screen and after about a minute or two, it finally came back and said they owed me a card.

I am guessing they didn't have any businesses in my area yet.

0 Likes

megla
Core Shopper

i did it and my choices were SPRI $40 off $70 OR $15 to hydrate sports drink power 

hmmm

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@megla. So nothing worth anything?

0 Likes

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@mmoore01 , I got this email too. But yeah, the gift card seems sketchy to me. Thank you for all the info you learned about it! I don’t think I’m going to bother with it

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

They are harvesting your data from filling out the form and then not fulfilling the promised gift card.