cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Current deals at Walgreen’s

kamartin1
Skilled Saver

Yesterday, I got 3 great deals at Walgreen’s. They had the Boost drink, which I love the taste of and the low carbs, so I bought 2. Second, I stacked ibotta with BOGO savings in-store—BOGO free vitamins; BOGO half Almay) digital coupons ($3 Almay; $3 Nature Made Vitamins). All together on these items, I saved in-store $20 with an additional $8 with ibotta rebates for $28 total savings, plus this completed my $5 bonus!!! On days like this, I fall in love with ibotta all over again!!!

kamartin1_0-1618584867681.jpeg

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Current deals at Walgreen’s

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

Saving at Walgreens seems to be fairly easy, once you understand all the perks.

Each Sunday, I go through the ad online and make a list of those items that I am interested in buying sometime during the week.  Some are just good prices (lower than Walmart), some earn Walgreens Cash and some earn Register Rewards.  Items like Toothpaste and toothbrushes are frequently available for free, so I only go after these when they are free.

During the week, I look at offers that don't require me to be there and make an online order through Ibotta and pick it up.  These include items with digital coupons.  Register Rewards are only available for in-store purchases, so I exclude those.  If there is an Ibotta rebate or I have better coupons, I purchase these in person.

Last week, I made two online purchases at Walgreens through Ibotta:

1. Palmolive dish soap - $2.49 - .50 digital coupon
  2. two boxes of Lucky Charms - $1.88 each - $1.00/2 digital coupon

On both, I earned a small amount back from Ibotta, but earned two counts towards bonuses.  These smaller purchases also give me a change to cash in my Walgreens Cash

When I go to pick up my orders, I make additional purchases that have Ibotta rebates, register rewards or require more effort to get the rewards that Walgreens has. 

One example has been the OXY Total Care deal.  Buy $20 of select skin products and get $5 in Walgreens cash.  There has also been a deal where you spend $20 and get $5 back in Walgreens cash.  Add this to the $5.00 rebates in Ibotta and I ended up getting them for free.

Walgreens does require very detail planning and help from the Ibotta Community and other sites like the Krazy Coupon Lady, but I think it is worth it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

Saving at Walgreens seems to be fairly easy, once you understand all the perks.

Each Sunday, I go through the ad online and make a list of those items that I am interested in buying sometime during the week.  Some are just good prices (lower than Walmart), some earn Walgreens Cash and some earn Register Rewards.  Items like Toothpaste and toothbrushes are frequently available for free, so I only go after these when they are free.

During the week, I look at offers that don't require me to be there and make an online order through Ibotta and pick it up.  These include items with digital coupons.  Register Rewards are only available for in-store purchases, so I exclude those.  If there is an Ibotta rebate or I have better coupons, I purchase these in person.

Last week, I made two online purchases at Walgreens through Ibotta:

1. Palmolive dish soap - $2.49 - .50 digital coupon
  2. two boxes of Lucky Charms - $1.88 each - $1.00/2 digital coupon

On both, I earned a small amount back from Ibotta, but earned two counts towards bonuses.  These smaller purchases also give me a change to cash in my Walgreens Cash

When I go to pick up my orders, I make additional purchases that have Ibotta rebates, register rewards or require more effort to get the rewards that Walgreens has. 

One example has been the OXY Total Care deal.  Buy $20 of select skin products and get $5 in Walgreens cash.  There has also been a deal where you spend $20 and get $5 back in Walgreens cash.  Add this to the $5.00 rebates in Ibotta and I ended up getting them for free.

Walgreens does require very detail planning and help from the Ibotta Community and other sites like the Krazy Coupon Lady, but I think it is worth it.

Solved! Go to solution

SaverGirl67

@kamartin1   Nice shop!!  I agree. It’s a beautiful thing when the apps align and the bonuses jump in for extra fun!