cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

CVS Stacking Question

cjwoody
Core Shopper

Quick question about the nuances of CVS couponing.  Generally, I understand that you can stack 1 MFR coupon and 1 CVS coupon for an item.

Looking at the first screenshot below, is the middle offer a MFR coupon (because it indicates MFR similar to the Colgate offer below it), or is it a CVS coupon (because it has the blue clippy icon similar to the oral care offer above it)?

56EFF541-5EB6-43ED-ACAB-31B13A81E52E.jpeg

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: CVS Stacking Question

MelissaR
Core Shopper

@cjwoodyThe middle offer is a CVS Store coupon.  All the manuf digital offers will have a picture next to it, whereas CVS offers will have the clip box

The 'mfr' on some CVS offers has something to do with how your state charges tax.  Like I'm in a state that charges tax pre-coupon. So if my total is $20, use  $10 in coupons, my tax is still on $20.   A ture CVS store coupon will reduce the taxable amount, which that looks like will be the case of the first offer.  So if I were to use that, then I'd be taxed on $16 ($20-$4) 

View solution in original post

65 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@cjwoody  you should be able to stack a dollar off with a coupon - 

so you should be able to stack a $2/5 oral care,  with a $2 colgate - but I see they both say MFR

I'm planning a $2/5 crest, scope or oral B (x2) CRT (yes they say MFR) with $5/3 digital and $1 digital - buy 4 crest and get $6 EB back.  

Solved! Go to solution

MelissaR
Core Shopper

@cjwoodyThe middle offer is a CVS Store coupon.  All the manuf digital offers will have a picture next to it, whereas CVS offers will have the clip box

The 'mfr' on some CVS offers has something to do with how your state charges tax.  Like I'm in a state that charges tax pre-coupon. So if my total is $20, use  $10 in coupons, my tax is still on $20.   A ture CVS store coupon will reduce the taxable amount, which that looks like will be the case of the first offer.  So if I were to use that, then I'd be taxed on $16 ($20-$4) 

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

cjwoody
Core Shopper

@FelskyNY thanks!  Yes, I did that Crest deal at CVS on Monday 🤗.  I didn’t really study it too closely because it was 3 coupons for 4 items.  [Side: there is a similar deal for Crest at Walgreens $9/3 - $5/3 DQ = $4 oop, earn $4 RR = Free, which I also grabbed].

The CVS deal that I am trying to unpack is a Garnier deal.  I see folks buying $7/2 - $3 MQ - $2/2 Select Fructis hair care - $2/1 Garnier Fructis DQ = Free.  I’m trying to determine how it’s not 3 MFR on 2 items.  It must be 2 MFR coupons and 1 CVS coupon in order for it to work, right?

1944B564-E8BB-4A28-A560-15D0A5AF4C4F.jpeg

Solved! Go to solution

cjwoody
Core Shopper

👌🏼 @MelissaR Got it.  I just posted a Garnier example in the post above.  It sounds like the deal works because there are 2 MFR coupons and 1 CVS coupon (even though the CVS coupon says MFR on it).

Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@cjwoody  I see people posting on IG that it is working - the $2 on 2 is the CVS coupon, then you have the $2 digital and a $2 paper - so it works.  I personally like the little tubs of the hair mask

Solved! Go to solution

cjwoody
Core Shopper

@FelskyNY @MelissaR thanks, you’re awesome!!! 🏆🏆

Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@cjwoody  Maybe we should start a CVS thread again - I used to do a lot of CVS shopping - I think it's time to start again....literally 1/4 mile down the road - I used to go in for "a few things", and come home schlepping bags full of toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, mouthwash, makeup, etc.  It's been a while though.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Sashim80
Rewards Hunter

I personally don't pay any attention to what the cvs coupon says. I think the one your referring to is the CVS CRT and you can use as many of those on a product that you have! If you had TWO! You could use both as long as your purchase requirement is met. The xoupons with the pictures next to them are the only ones that you can only use one of. Those are the manufacturer coupons. 

They had TWO Crts for $5 off duracell floating around a couple weeks ago. You could use BOTH and get the batteries FREE! Geez I LOVE CVS. Gotta be the best place to deal shop. Youtube teaches you all you need to know! Lol Follow a couple people. They show you all the tips & tricks and your a pro in no time! 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Sashim80  I totally agree with you, the only thing that gets frustrating is when they stack CRTs that I don't have or coupons that they printed that are NLA.  Or when they use "their" card, and their "moms" card and then their "hubby's" card etc.

0 Likes