cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Re: CVS Stacking Question

cjwoody
Saver

@FelskyNY  I agree, a CVS thread is a good idea. Are you thinking a monster thread?  Or maybe a unique one each week to align with weekly ads?? 🤔

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@cjwoody  I would think maybe a weekly one - that we can just keep updating - and if anyone is interested, we can do a Walgreens or a Target one too (although I don't shop Walgreens).  This way people could look in 1 place for all the current CVS deals - we can just date it at the top (or do a preview too).  Instead of going 5 times in 1 week every time someone posts something, we can each stock up.  Here are just some of the CVS offers mentioned in the last few days.  Yes I know, you can go on youtube or IG or FB etc to see what other people are doing, but share them here too. 

Hallmark, Vitamins, Crest, Colgate, Garnier 

I think there were razor deals too, but I'm pretty stocked on Bic

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

kynuna
Deal Sharer

I’ve shopped at CVS for years, but there are still many nuances that I don’t fully understand, and things are always changing. 
But in answer to your question about the Garnier deal, the reason the example you gave works is because of the way CVS registers recognize your coupons, (often called a glitch). When you use a manufacturers coupon that is $?/2 (or any number), the computer will attach that coupon to just 1 product so long as the value of the product is at least the value of the coupon, (in the Garnier deal the products are 2/$7, so each product is $3.50, and your coupon has a value of $3). So as far as the computer is concerned you’ve met the requirements for that coupon and it will allow you to use another coupon on the other product, (in this case a $2digital coupon). That’s why you see examples where shoppers use a $?/2 paper coupon and the same $?/2 digital coupon and they both are applied to just 2 items. 
With the CVS store coupons you can only use multiple threshold coupons, ($2/$5 toothpaste for example), if you meet the total $ amount. So if you have 2 of those coupons you would have to spend $10 or more. If you have multiple CVS coupons that just say $2 off toothpaste, (with no threshold amount), you could use all of them on just 1 product, (if it was to exceed the cost of the item one of those coupons would lower its value, there’s no overage at CVS). 
Hope this helps

Solved! Go to solution

Nique
Core Shopper

@FelskyNY @cjwoody I like the idea of a CVS deal thread. I have a CVS in walking distance and have recently gotten into shopping there.

It’s pretty easy to get freebies on things you can use once you learn. I’m still learning.

Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Nique  Of course if someone wants to start a topic go right ahead, otherwise we can just keep adding to this one for now. If you have any good deals for NEXT week - just start a new chain CVS w/ the date starting 6/20 to avoid any confusion. 

I have 2 $4 cerave offers that I'm trying to stack w/ a $3/10 lotion, but I have to do it in store (or the $3/10 won't come off - I'll have to see what is available in store.  Of course prices vary from store to store, that's the worst part! and TAX!!!!

Solved! Go to solution

Sorensoj
Saver
  • @kynuna Thanks for that explanation! It made complete sense.  
Solved! Go to solution

dramaspoiler
Saver

I'm still learning CVS couponing.  One day I'll figure out the rules.  All you need is the rules and you can have a formula to calculate the cost.  I in the beginning overpaid since I didn't know how it works.  My most fustrating part is I accidentally clip a coupon and it messes the final cost.  You be surprise how order affects final cost.  Or just plain buying things separately it will be free vs $ buying it in one transaction.  I have had $1 coupon mess me up from using a $5 coupon.  I think they pick and choose how they apply coupons sometimes.  I figure out most except for the tax calculation part if more coupons are used.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@cjwoody  Glad I waited because I got a free Father's day card text to use.

IMG_20210617_183249_190.jpg

IMG_20210617_183249_193.jpg

Paid $2.98 at CVS Received $6 in Extra Bucks
(Used $1 EB)

Cerave $13.99 - $4 CRT x2, $3/$10 lotion CRT, $4 printable from Cerave

Card $4.99 (free card up to $5 text)

Crest 2/$6 x2 = $12 - $2/$5 x2 CRT - $5/3 - $1 Rcvd $6 EB

$3/$10 lotion reduced to $1.99

Not a big shop, but I did get a 1.5 walk in. Not a great idea with my Achilles acting up, but I needed some fresh air.

Solved! Go to solution

cjwoody
Saver

@FelskyNY  I didn’t get the CeraVe lotion CRTs or any lotion offers 😭😭😭.  I use the CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing lotion, and that ish ain’t cheap!  I still have a full bottle in stock from back when I paid list price for things LOLOLOLOL, so in the meantime I will for sure be on the lookout for similar CeraVe deals in the future!

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@cjwoody  The CRTS were NOT good on any Face products.  I ask you, who pays $13.99 for 3 oz?  My tax was $1.98.  The toothpaste was the big moneymaker thankfully.

0 Likes