cjwoody
Core Shopper

@FelskyNY  Oh, I absoLUTEly paid $14 list for it 🤣🤣🤣

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Re: CVS Stacking Question

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@cjwoody  Well, welcome to the dark side!

Solved! Go to solution

ChipL955
Deal Sharer

@kynuna Thank you so much. This is the best, clearest explanation of the way CVS applies coupons I have ever read. I would love a CVS thread here that covers the week’s desks … BUT …

I would also love a thread that teaches these nuances. (There are other oddities I’d like to know, like the way CVS prorates Extra Bucks, etc.) The main website I follow for CVS has many commenters but they speak in code because they are afraid CVS management will catch wise to the ways various CVS and manufacturer paper and digital coupons work together and will put an end to it. It’s very difficult to figure out what they are talking about—trips to Orlando, coupons that jenga, magical coupons, jimmies, Aunt Maybel, Uncle Mark—it’s immature and they can be very unfriendly to people who aren’t in the know. My favorite CVS YouTubers show the deals beautifully but don’t necessarily explain how it all works. So I would love such a thread.

There always seem to be two or three CVS deals a week that are also Ibotta rebates, so I think we could all increase our savings.  

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@ChipL955  I know exactly what website you are talking about and I don't really follow them anymore because it was a secret club.  If you asked about a deal - you were told to "go back and look".  @LaraL what are your thoughts about adding a CVS or Walgreens or just a general store pull down tab so we can share deals by store?

Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Ultimate Saver

@FelskyNY 

I offered a design to Scotty last October that suggested subordinate folders for major stores under DEALS FORUM.   

Once the decision was made to add DEAL STACKING, it greatly complicated my suggested approach..  I also have mentioned it to Lara multiple times.  To me it would have been the most beneficial change they could make, but as I said, instead DEAL STACKING was added.

The time to do this would have been during the recent overhaul, and I  lobbied pretty hard for store subfolders to part of the design changes.    So I haven't given up hope, but it is dwindling.

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  So we'll make our own threads.  The problem is when they cross over between different stores.  I don't shop Walmart, but sometimes a deal that is good at Walmart is also good at CVS and so on. 

Question on CVS for those who shop CVS...

I have 2 CRTs - one is $4 off $16 Almay, the other is 50% off Revlon and Almay, plus there is a $5 when you spend $15 on Almay.

If I spend $16 in almay - what applies first  $16-4-50% = $6 (and earn $5)  or $16-50%-$4 = $4 (earn $5) and will the $4 coupon come off if the 50% comes off first.   Basically which comes first the % or the $ and do I earn the EB on the pre-coupon cost?

Revlon has $5 EB wyb 2 or $7 EB wyb 3

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

cjwoody
Core Shopper

@FelskyNY  This is KCL’s guidance:

Although you can present your coupons in any order, the order the register applies them is:

• Manufacturer coupons
  • CVS dollar-off coupons
  • ExtraBucks
  • CVS percent-off coupons

TIP: Percent-off coupons from the coupon center or CVS emails will only discount regular price products.

Sounds like the first calculation, assuming all items are full price and zero EB’s unloaded to pay. 🤔

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@cjwoody   Thank you!

So if I spent $16 -$4 = $12 - 50%) = $6 (and even if I earned $5, I'd still be paying tax on the $16).

I think I'll pass - (although you can factor in the beauty club - which I don't generally do unless I am spending $30 at one point in time)

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@FelskyNY when you say a pull down tab are you referring to the header navigation bar at the top?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rickibotta I remember you mentioning this and I can easily do it, it's just there's a lot of retailers so we'd end up with who knows how many boards. Would you mind putting together a list of the stores you're thinking should have their own board?

0 Likes