cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Re: CVS Stacking Question

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta   The EB expiration date is set - you can't extend it.  A CRT you can extend.  If you wait to send a CRT such as $3/10 toothcare until the day it expires - it will extend an extra week.  BUT you have to send your CRTs to your card by Saturday of that week to have it extend another week or it disappears..

I have a CRT for $4 off any Revlon or Almay exp 7/24. I will wait to send it to my card until 7/24 and it will extend to 7/31.   IF I shop before then and it prints, it will say "paper coupon" next to it on my app and then I cannot extend it.  (this does not count for the Manufacturer's digital coupons.)

REGARDLESS - If a CRT expires on a Sunday or Monday of the following week and I do not send it to my card by midnight Saturday, it will disappear (unless it is already a printed with a fixed date).  Some stores will take expired papers CRTS for 1-2 days (my store does not).

So CRTs ONLY print out at the redbox - so you should scan your card at least once a week.  If you prefer ALL paper CRTs, you can scan your card at the red box numerous times for them all to print out. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Ultimate Saver

@FelskyNY 

I don't know what to tell you.   The $9 EB Rewards said expiry 7/28 in my account, she sent it to card, and now it says 8/20.

Rickibotta_2-1626948802856.png

I have no idea what the REDBOX is.  I have all mine on my account, and I add them to card if I want to use them.   Like the HALLMARK one above was earned from my purchase.   It has a 7/24 expiry date this very second.  Now I SEND TO CARD and now it says expiry of 7/29.  I guess you are saying if I had waited until 7/24, it would have extended to 7/31?

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  You have everything going directly to your card, even your EB.  I don't.  My EB print out - so I guess you can extend your digital EB (sorry about that).

The Redbox is the printer/price scanner in CVS.

Generally speaking, when you send a CVS offer (CRT) to your card, it extends the date (unless it has already printed and says paper coupon next to it.   

The Hallmark CRT wasn't really EARNED because it has no value until you use it.  It's more of a "coupon"

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

MelissaR
Core Shopper

@Rickibotta  When you have your acct set to digitals, you have 1 wk from the date you earned them, to send to your card or print them.  You can print them by going to the red box, which is also the price checker, or print at home.  I personally prefer to scan my card at the red box to get my coupons, because my store will take them up to 2 days past the expiration date.  When you have coupons that are on your card, they will automatically drop off after midnight on the expiration date.

The expiration date for ad-earned eb's is 30 days.  Earned Beauty bucks have a 14 day expiration, while the 2% eb's are 90 days.  The expiration date for personalized coupon offers is 7 days from the date that you print or STC.   The weekly app freebies this month are only valid for the 1 wk.  I couldn't find the nail clippers the 1st wk, so I waited til that Sat to STC thinking it'd roll over to the next wk.  Nope, expired that night!

HTH!

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Ultimate Saver

@MelissaR. I swore my EB rewards earned during my shop said the expiry was july 28 before I sent to card.  I will look next time.

I don't understand why all y'all send them to your account instead of printing them at the register only to print them at REDBOX.  And when u print @REDBOX, are they the same material and size as the register?

Thanks for all the details.  I have bookmarked it.

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

Question for the CVS regulars….I have a $8/$40 CRT, a $2 off first aid CRT, a $2 off pain relief, and a 40% off regular price item CRT. Thanks to @FelskyNY , I know the dollars off would lower the amount taken off with the percent off. I am wondering, though, would I have to spend $40 before or after all of these CRT’s? I believe manufacturer coupons are accounted for after the $8/$40 but I am not sure about the CRT’s. Thanks for any help and tips I can get!

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Mikosmama As long as you spend $40  (before any CRTs or coupons), the $8 will come off.  The 40% off will come off the highest price AFTER all your coupons, CRTs and EB, 

If you are using ANOTHER CRT such as $2/$10 - you would have to spend $50.

Solved! Go to solution

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

Thank you @FelskyNY! I just checked again and my First Aid CRT says $2 off $10 first aid. Does that mean I would have to spend $50 in my total transaction to be able to use the $8/$40? Also, will the $8 come off before any EB’s used as well? Or does it have to be $40 after EB’s? Sorry for all the questions. Trying to wrap my head around all of this.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Mikosmama  You'd have to spend $50 to use the $2/$10 and the $8/$40 (and yes EB don't affect the threshold total you have to hit, they just impact the % off)

If you are trying to hit the total - there's always toothpaste and mouthwash!

and you can do the Garnier Fructis haircare  $2/7 (there is a $4 digital/2) and $3 EB back.  I personally like those little tubs.

Solved! Go to solution

Dean
Core Shopper

Instead of starting a new post, I thought I would just add my question to this thread since there’s already a lot of good discussion. I signed up with CVS less than two weeks ago, basically just to get cheap cereal. But I’ve gotten three Extrabucks rewards in the last week and wondering how to spend them. I clipped them and they expire at the end of the week. Can I use them to pay for anything? Do I spend them all in one transaction like KCL states? Thanks for any guidance.

89B8F3C7-A645-4B34-BE1F-322F85B40A7E.png

0 Likes