cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVS Weekly Freebie List: Thru w/e Saturday, July 31

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Found this.  Hopefully accurate. 

• Week 1: 6/20 thru 6/26 – Beauty 360 Nail Clipper,  up to $4, excludes jeweled
  • Week 2: 6/27 thru 7/3 – Gold Emblem Bagged Candy, up to $2 excludes value
  • Week 3: 7/4 thru 7/10 – Beauty 360 All In One Nail Perfector or Cotton Rounds 100 count
  • Week 4: 7/11 thru 7/24 – Gold Emblem Abound Popcorn 5 or 7 oz
  • Week 5: 7/18 thru 7/24 – Gold Emblem Abound Veggie Chips
  • Week 6: 7/25 thru 7/31 – CVS Health Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen caplets 50 count, excludes gel caps
"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
56 Replies

Re: CVS Weekly Freebie List: Thru w/e Saturday, July 31

Sorensoj
Core Shopper

Thanks for posting this.  It’s very helpful. I just joined care pass too and am learning how to maneuver the CVS deals, rewards, and coupons.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Sorensoj 

I just signed up for ExtraCare..loll.  So you are a seasoned veteran compared to me.

I am interested in thoughts from others who use CarePass but do not do it for makeup.  Most of the deals I see posted everywhere for CVS relate to makeuup.  I don't personally use makeup, and I likely wont start now.  So I am curious if others still find enough value to justify the $48 annual cost.  I guess I could constantly buy overpriced toilet paper or paper towels <and> candy.  

I don't know how I would spend $120 in EB during a calendar year, and I would at least want to use $75 or so to justify maintaining the membership and all the stress that comes with making sure I am using it..  I live near 5 CVS stores, so free shipping is not a big bonus for me except for items that are OOS near me.  And plus I wouldn't ship any items that are attached to rebates and you can't use coupons.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  But you can do online orders through Ibotta that qualify. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@FelskyNY 

But if I have a SK, SB, or C51, what of those will work with online orders?

And the coupons won't work.

Also, I don't do chrome extensions for security reasons, so I don't do online orders.  I even completed abonus recently in terms of offers, but did not get the $5 because I did not do an online offer.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  Thats the bonus I'm talking about, the bloomin bonus. I shopped cvs through the ibotta app on my phone, used a digital coupon that I loaded to my card, bought an item (toothbrush) that was free shipping with carepass, applied EB so I paid under $1 and got $4 EB back, and satisfied the Ibotta offer, making a few $$$ too. If I didn't have carepass, I wouldn't have done it online.

Janet1964
Rewards Advocate

@Rickibotta 

I use my carepass for nail Polish, nail implements, shampoo, makeup, body lotions, gift sets, cereals, laundry supplies and vitamins when on sale and combine with crts. $48 covers 5 months, so other 7 months are freebies.

Nique
Skilled Saver

@Rickibotta If you sign up monthly vs. for a year, the first month is free. If you don't like it just cancel. Or if you do, buy the annual.

I buy very little makeup. Once you start getting CRTs, they keep coming based on what you buy. So even though many things at CVS cost more, all the discounts and rolling your ECBs makes it much less.

Food can be a good item to pick up there too. Quaker Oats were on sale last week. When stacked with Ibotta, they were less than the Aldi brand I usually buy.

DanyelN
Core Shopper

My couponing mentor (Jenny from Southern Savers) swears that if you don't eat it you should buy it at a drug store.  CVS is where I find all my deals on laundry detergent, shampoo, vitamins, OTC meds and a load of other stuff that we all need.  I have not paid real money for toothpaste in years.  If you are just starting out with the CVS game, check out Southern Savers, she has some awesome tutorials and also does a weekly video to show the best deals at CVS and Walgreens.  (She also includes Ibotta in her coupon lists so that helps too.)

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@DanyelN 

Those who don't rebate/coupon simply don't know what they are missing do they,  I have more than enough shampoo, deodorant, shaving cream, conditioner, bar soap, razors, body wash, lotion to last at least 5 or 10 years, and as you said, most are moneymakers, or at least 25¢ or under.  Most of the best deals I find at Kroger, and I also find a lot at WAGS.

I'm still getting used to CVS, but I just know I have only gone 4 times recently, twice for the freebie (nail clippers and candy) and the other two times for the FREE kinder bueno deal (2 share bags each trip, or 4 total bags).

So I basically have spent nothing in 4 trips, and I have  $17 EB (one $10, three $2, and $1).  I think I am going to go get 4 Airheads ropes that will be a slight moneymaker and will try to use the $7 of smaller EBs so I don't get stuck with them.