cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVS

Janet1964
Deal Ambassador

I talked my husband into another stop at CVS during our vacay. He hates it there bc it usually takes a long time bc they don’t have advertised items and I usually leave mad bc they mess up my well thought out plans by not applying my coupons, CRT or EB correctly.

well, things did not go as I planned, but I was there on the last day of the sale instead of the first day. So I couldn’t be mad about that. And I got two CRT that I was not expecting when I arrived.

I picked up 2 Vanilla Nivea Lip balms for 2.50 each less 2/2 coupon less 1 cvs coupon  = $1 each

i picked up 2 Poparazzi nail Polish for 2.50 each less 1 dc less 4 EB = both free

I couldn’t find the Nivea Breathable Lotion at Walmart or Kroger - both sold out and I had 2 $3 off coupons, so I bought at CVS for 8.60 each = 17.20 less 6 coupons less 3.50/15 cvs coupon less 5 EB for buying 2 = 2.70/2 = 1.35 each.

It was a money maker at Kroger but I couldn’t waste $6 in coupons (expiring) - a bird in the hand!

I picked up 2 cover girl foundation (it doesn’t go bad) for 8.70 each = 17.40 less 4 coupons less $3.50 cvs coupon less 6 EB for buying 2= 3.90/2 = 1.95 each

and I had EB that were expiring so I picked up some things that were on sale but no EB or noteworthy.

To make up for all the shopping while on vacay, I went with him to several distilleries for tastings. I don’t drink at all so not much fun for me! You have to give and take in a marriage!

7 Replies

Re: CVS

cmdorem
Shopper

I am new to this group so I apologize if this is a repetitive question but, what does CRT and EB mean?

Tags (1)

Ibotta_alotta
Deal Sharer

CRT: Cash Register Tape. Usually used when talking about CVS pharmacy or Kmart, CRTs print at the bottom of your receipt and are generated based on your purchasing history (seemingly random). CRTs are specific to the store where they were printed. They are usually product specific coupons, example: $1.00 off any deodorant purchase at CVS.

EB: “Extra Care Bucks” is part of CVS’s loyalty program called ExtraCare these also print on receipts after purchases and can be used towards your next transaction/trip (rules apply to what EB’s can be used for) try looking at iheartcvs.com for more information or any CVS / coupon blogs 

Tags (1)

RiverSong
Deal Sharer

Couldn't tell but were you including the ECB you were earning on the transaction into the price you were "paying"?

I dont tend to figure that in, since I use them later on future purchases. Just asking.

0 Likes

Janet1964
Deal Ambassador

@RiverSong 

Yes, I did. I too use them later but I always have ones to use to pay for the current order. I spend very little out of my pocket at CVS. Usually less than $5 on a large order. On a smaller order, less than $1.

0 Likes

poeticmuse
Saver

Yes, CVS stresses me SO bad that I stopped going for a while. Just look at all the hoops you jump through just to get to a Walmart price... all of which can and often do go wrong.... CRTS, coupons that don't scan, etc... My plans RARELY EVER work out as carefully written because the NEVER have everything on my list. I swear they stock only 4 bottles of shampoo or toothbrushes or whatever is on sale for the durn week. Yet I find weird stuff like the Love Corn there.... for Ibotta rebate, and I love Arizona tea they often have for .50 each. 

Janet1964
Deal Ambassador

@poeticmuse 

I rarely find the food items advertised there anymore.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Janet1964  I used to shop cvs all the time, then I started Walmart hauling, then a little here and a little there.  I have to work on my offers, after I catch up on work.