cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deal stacking

Felicia8
Rewards Hunter

What is the best way to stack deals . im wondering if using coupons for the best maximum savings. Im new to this and really want to learn.

8 Replies

Re: Deal stacking

Dana
Deal Expert

Sales of the items you buy mixed with coupons(paper and/or digital)  and rebate apps.

TXbelle
Skilled Saver

I will check out the grocery store's weekly ad, check out their digital coupons, and, of course, ibotta's offers and bonuses. Today l went to Kroger, Sun Maid bites were on sale, and part of the buy 5 get a dollar off. That made each pkg 99¢. Ibotta's offer was a limit of 3 items with a rebate of $1.50 for each item. So technically, I got back $4.50 and paid $2.97. And as a big surprise, I got a store coupon for $2 on my next purchase. Woohoo!

This doesn't always happen. I do my mental math to decide if what I am paying (net of all rebates and coupons) is a price I'm willing to pay for a product. 

SaverGirl67

I’ve found the easiest way to stack deals is to check the weekly flyer for the store you want to go to with Ibotta. Once I have this list I then add coupons for the items that matched. 

Hope this helps!

What-Shot
Super Saver

I'd suggest doing what I do myself: download the app of the stores where I shop most regularly. These are mine:

1. Kroger/affiliates (their app has BOTH digital coupons & cashback offers).
  2. Sprouts (their app has digital coupons which (most months) includes a couple of FREE items).
  3. Target: The Target Circle app includes special discounts if you "select the offer" plus many digital coupons.
  4. Walmart: Unlike the aforementioned apps, WM does NOT include digital coupons/discounts, however it is a tremendous resource to know if some of the ibotta offers are available at your store(s).....a great time-saver!
  5. Coupons.com offers both digital coupons & printable coupons.

I also use several additional grocery apps for stacking. Let me know if you'd like my recommendations. Meanwhile, do keep in mind that if you are a newbie to the world of grocery apps & rebating I would caution you from trying to juggle too many all at once. Add new ones gradually so you don't get burned out.  Cause if you get burned out you'll stop. then you won't save another dime! 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Cayennelove89
Rewards Hunter

How do u get it to work u buy Kroger but like I go to Fred Myers then buy the stuff the app says to then scan my receipt then how do I get the money back? New to ibotta I don't know how to get it to work Thank u

0 Likes

Cayennelove89
Rewards Hunter

I live in Oregon I have safeway app an Walmart do u have to add the stuff on the app how does it all work

0 Likes

Terrythemom
Rewards Hunter

My favorite deal stacking strategy is to utilize The Kroger App. On top of automatically attaching any store or mfg coupons currently available they now offer a “cash back” list of offers each month. Most of these will at some point also either pop up with either a coupon of a store sale during their validity period. Many ( read that as a whole bunch) will be mirrored by Ibotta! Often times they can be stacked together for multiple purchases of totally free items!

0 Likes

Terrythemom
Rewards Hunter

I completely agree- if a store you use frequently has an app-get it ! Especially Walmart. You will be able to search from home for a hard to find offer item if you really want to then. Where I live I am equally distant to 3 Publix, 2 Kroger’s and 4 Walmart stores so if I really want to find that offer ending that pays out at a high value I would much rather do so by making a few clicks first!

0 Likes