cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Shopkick offers

mmoore01
Deal Master

Several times, I have noticed the offers in Shopkick are listed when in the store but disappear when I get home.

The latest was Celestial Green Tea.  There was also an Ibotta deal, so I bought it.

When I got home, it was gone.

Today, I was at Walmart and noticed it was back.  I selected it to redeem and stayed on the screen until I got home to get the receipt.  I scanned the receipt and just got my 250 Shopkicks.

Is this just me or have others noticed offers that appear while in the store and disappear when you get home?

17 Replies

Re: Disappearing Shopkick offers

apakusch16
Rewards Hunter

I had that same problem, then I found out it's best to submit your shopkick receipt in the parking lot. I found that only certain WalMart carry certain products and that's why they were disappearing on me when I got home. Haven't had a problem since I started submitting in the car after purchase.

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

I've noticed 2 brand bonuses got yanked prematurely.  The Kellogg's pastry and V8 bonuses were supposed to continue 4 days to a week into next month but it seems like they just went 'Poof!' yesterday

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Sorry, I was a little late in the game realizing you were talking about Shopkick, but it seems like you have to be in the store where you claimed your offer to scan the receipt.  

Shopkick has been somewhat shabby with me off and on and especially so late last month.  I submitted receipts for Vital Farms egg bites from Whole Foods and 2 different varieties of Brownie Brittle from Walmart. 1-3 days after each transaction I got a notice that the Whole Foods receipt had nothing with kicks offers and got credit for one Brownie Brittle instead of bundle credit.  I had to write and send supporting photos of products and receipts not once but 2Xs. I finally got the credits I expected, roughly a month or so after the fact

OneCent
Rewards Hunter

No it’s not just you and it’s infuriating !!! This has happened to me at least three times in the past and again this evening. Only now instead of one missing offer it four - all worth  3000 to 4000 kicks. I have proof that they were scanned in the store but no proof of what the original kicks were. It’s by far the most dicey thing about the program and one of the reasons I’m adding another rebate app and giving Shopkick a rest.

0 Likes

MerSadie
Saver
Spoiler

This is what I discovered in shopkick for disappearing offers is that if you go to the store you shopped  and click the address it will show other locations at the bottom and they all have different offers even at the same store then you can find the offer you were trying to redeem at that particular store location. 

D_nugget
Deal Sharer

@OneCent 

I’m also giving Shopkick a rest but because they don’t accept “digital receipts”. I recently tried to redeem my Walmart receipt and was denied and the support rep told me that it’s because they only accept paper receipts. I use WalmartPay so I only receive my receipt digitally. Some of you may know, Walmart’s digital receipt looks EXACTLY like the paper receipt. So I just stopped doing Shopkick deals altogether. 😣

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Much of this this year Shopkick has been very bad with me in stiffing my kick claims with vague 'we don't recognize any item carrying kicks' responses, which necessitates me jumping on chili.  Usually they come through afterwards; Im still left hanging on kicks for People magazine back in February

0 Likes

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

I hardly redeem shopkick but the key is probably to scan receipt immediately after purchase and screenshot everything for proof so that you can be credited quickly if issue happens. You just have to give the support and make it easy for them to give you the credit aka by putting everything on a silver platter so there is no doubt.  So basically you just need one email and the screenshot and photos, i submit total of 4 attachments (1 screenshot and the 3 key photos).  Keep email simple.  

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Another basic problem with Shopkick is that it's getting a little too department store type item oriented at the expense of consumable grocery and convenience store items. At least it's not as bad as eBates (Elitist-bates)/Rakuten, which is completely durable goods oriented and seems to only want rich women as users. I dumped it immediately after downloading

Late last year and early this year I emailed Shopkick and asked if they would offer kicks for stuff like crackers, chips, kombucha, fruit and fruit-veggie purees and sparkling probiotic drinks. I got polite acknowledgements of receipt but they clearly haven't taken them to consideration

0 Likes