cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free item printable coupon (sorry IceQ - time to buy a printer?)

FelskyNY
Deal Master

https://gardenofflavor.com/pages/coupon

Saw this on IG - not sold in NY though.

12 Replies

Re: Free item printable coupon (sorry IceQ - time to buy a printer?)

Saving4Fun

@Icequeen813 I recently bought a printer for this exact reason, and it’s already paid for itself. I did quite a bit of research (shocker, I know!) Black and White Laser Printer is the way to go for a number of reasons, not importantly the cost of ink. I kept my eyes on this HP available at Target and a few other retailers. It took several weeks for me to find it both in stock with a Circle offer; but it was well worth it. Setup was breeze. I did everything thru my phone and still do everything thru my phone. Computer not required but you certainly can use one. It is one of the few printers I’ve found with a lay-flat glass for scanning/copying/faxing, amd again you can also use all of those features with the camera in your phone. If interested but unable to find it in stock, I recommend setting up an alert on Target.com, which is will notify you when it’s available. Because of so many people working from home, all of the retailers are having.a hard time keeping this one I’m stock. As soon as a couple of them are available on Target.com, they’re sold in a matter of minutes. Believe it or not, my store has one in stock right now, but it will not last long. Here’s the link: https://www.target.com/p/hp-laserjet-pro-m29w-printer-y5s53a/-/A-76457037

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@FelskyNY @FelskyNY  Printer works w  laptop? I’m not computer literate...

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813  I'm assuming you have a wireless router? I think everyone does today. Don't forget the cost of ink too.  I order from 123 inkjets with a coupon but that voids the warranty fyi

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@FelskyNY  Yes, I had a desktop i used for 10 yrs, & had  printer(hp) & bought the cartridges from one of those discount ink companies.... 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

It is amazing how the printer business has changed.

For years, you could get a decent printer from HP or Epson for under $100, but the Ink was expensive.  Then something happened.  HP started the Ink plans.   The prices of printers started to go up.

I must have got my printer at the perfect time.  I got an HP printer for under $50 at Staples and had $25 in rewards, so I spent about $25 for a printer with sheet feeder.  It also had the option to sign up for an Ink plan where they send you ink when you need it.  The lowest plan was FREE if you kept under 15 pages a month, which I did for over a year.  It was great.  Never had to buy ink.  If you went over, you paid a small amount for the extra pages.  I actually used the scanner function more than the printer.

HP realized they weren't making money on this deal and stopped the FREE ink plan.  That was around the time COVID began and I came home from California.  I left the printer behind since I didn't need it (I had one at home).

Now, it costs about $150 for the same printer and the ink is still expensive.  

SaverGirl67

I actually knew someone who would buy a new printer instead of ink when he ran out. It was incredibly wasteful. I think he purchased 2 printers a year. But it actually cost less to get the printer than the certified replacement ink!!  He would donate the printer but it was still creating unnecessary waste that will eventually end up in the landfill. But at the time you could buy a decent printer for $36-$50. 

0 Likes

Saving4Fun

@Icequeen813 Yes, works with laptops and all devices. I love it. Unless you really want color printing option, then this printer is the way to go. The cost of ink is less overall and lasts longer because it’s a laser printer and uses toner.instead of inkjet. Retail price on the printer is $139 but I got it for $115 on. a Circle offer. It comes with an initial supply of toner (ink). The retail price on replacement toner is $49 with a page yield of 1,000. Of course, you’ll get it for less than retail, if you shop smart, as you always do. This is one of the few laser printers available in a desk top size. 

0 Likes

Iamroyal
Rewards Hunter

Cool

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

If you have a staples account, you can also return cartridges for credit (if they still do that - I haven't done that in a while).  Also, if your stores allow it, you can print in black/white AND draft to save on ink.  Some stores do NOT allow that, they think it is a duplicate coupon.  

0 Likes