cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Cash Back from your Cash Back

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

I received a notification this afternoon that I think says that I can use my Ibotta earnings to buy gift cards (formally known as Pay with Ibotta).  Did anyone else get this?

If I understand this, if I have money in my Ibotta account, I can use it to buy a gift card (not a withdrawal) and use it to pay my grocery bill.  And i will earn the bonus as if I was buying a gift card and it still counts towards bonuses.

This sounds great, but I don't see anything new in the app to allow this.  How does it know to take it from my earnings instead of my debit card?  Is it for any gift card or just certain ones?  I want to know more!

Or did I miss understand this?

10 Replies

Re: Get Cash Back from your Cash Back

Dana
Deal Expert

once you hit review after you put in the amount of the gc it will take you to how you want to pay for it and to send as a gift or not. Just click the slide button to pay with your ibotta balance.

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

I bought a Walmart Gift Card this morning before I received the message and it asked me if I wanted to use my earnings or my card.  I chose my card because I wanted to make sure the Gift Card purchase counted as an offer for bonuses.  Later today I saw other users post that they did receive offer credit when purchasing Gift Cards with Ibotta Earnings.  My understanding is that it is currently just available to some users for a few stores.

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@mmoore01   Go Ibotta homepage  that has earnings, blog, & heip , there’s explanation there help Ibotta.com 

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@mmoore01  @Be-Bop-A-Lula  When I read the article & explanation, states 30 retailers 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

@Icequeen813  Thank you.  I went to Help and searched for Gift Cards.  I found a very short article that says this is being tested with a "few Savers".  Finally, I am one of the few. 🙂

I used Gift Cards when they allowed a credit card.  I don't use it now because I don't want to use a debit card.

This is great.  I now have another way to earn counts towards bonuses!  If I had known this was coming, I wouldn't have withdrawn my February cash!

Just one question:  Why would anyone withdraw their earnings to a gift card when they can earn cash this way?

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Deal Expert

I think this is a great way to disburse Ibatta and becomes a permanent option for all users.  

Paying full price is optional
0 Likes

Christie2
Rewards Guide

I have been doing this since I joined Ibotta several months ago. I love it!

0 Likes

Cmslowes
Shopper

it’s been on my screen for a while but I’ve never used it. 

0 Likes

MABA
Rewards Hunter

Great question. I would like information also.

0 Likes