cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Golden Chips Ahoy $1.12 money maker at Kroger

What-Shot
Super Saver

@mom2furkids: Oh, that's interesting that your offer already disappeared (even tho it did not yet show any available offers). 

That is good to know, but not sure I'd be ready to take the risk (based on past experiences). Please keep me posted on the outcome of your experience.  

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

mom2furkids
Core Shopper

@What-Shot I will confirm for you (or not) if the KCB posts as expected. I got 3 other items with cashback as well, two were previously loaded offers, one other was new as of this morning. All four are out of my active. I had planned to get a couple of Kind bars, but am waiting on those. Because multiple varieties are usually attached I didn't want to make any assumptions. I did that with the Love Corn and learned a lesson. Even though the offer states "all varieties and sizes" I purchased the vegan cheese flavor which is not attached as an associated item. So you are smart to wait, but again I'll let you know what happens. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

$3.60 MM WYB5 with CHECKOUT51

@mom2furkids 

You beat me to posting this. 

I have been waiting for KCB to show up again, and am now waiting until it 'becomes available'

I was at my Kroger a bit ago, and they have plenty, so I am excited again.

This will be a $3.60 moneymaker with c51

Buy 5 @ $1.88 = $9.40 less $5 IR less $5 KCB less $1 CDC less $2 C51 = $3.60 mm.

remember to add the CDC before you shop or they wont give you credit

C51 - $1 WYB2 X 2

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@What-Shot 

Like you, I wait until 'available'.  I do this because I have had offers disappear and then not get credited.

Just because it gets pulled does not mean you are always good.  It appears to me that there is data matching and validation still going on during the batch process the following evening when it attempts to truly 'redeem.'

After this happened a few times, I started waiting just like most others.

Alll this being said, I hope @mom2furkids gets her credits, but I am waiting.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@mom2furkids I'm in a Publix right now and this may be the first time I ever found this particular sub brand of Chips Ahoy anywhere since actively looking for it.  This won't help me with Kroger cash back but maybe just maybe some and maybe every Kroger will be carrying it

0 Likes

mom2furkids
Core Shopper

@Rickibotta Your deal is even better than mine! Feel free to make a new post if you want to. I don't use Checkout51 so I'm missing out. I may look into it after this however, so thank you for including it.

And I don't blame you at all for waiting on the KCB to list the products associated. Once bitten, twice shy as they say. I recently learned not to scan receipts to Ibotta until the bonuses are showing. I had never had an issue before. Once I scanned, say on a Monday, then the bonus showed on my home page. But this time it was late and didn't happen so I didn't get credit for three items. But that's okay. I guarantee I won't make that mistake again!

0 Likes

mom2furkids
Core Shopper

@RCKCreatEnt Got my fingers crossed for you! This is the first time I had looked for it, so I'm not sure how long my Kroger has had this variety Since I know you also use Checkout 51, please note @Rickibotta's reply as it's an even bigger money maker than I originally posted if you are able to find it. Best of luck!

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mom2furkids 

No, I am good adding details to your post.   

If your post had been a general post about a deal at WM, and you paid 49¢ after rebates, I would have posted a separate deal since it would be for a moneymaker and for a different store.   Everybody has their own idea of what a repost is.  But good on you for posting this, and I hope your money goes thru.  If you purchased today, you should hopefully know Saturday morning.   The fact it disappeared is better than if it didn't, but it still could get tossed out.    Crossing fingers.

0 Likes

mom2furkids
Core Shopper

@Rickibotta I appreciate your input. I am not new to Ibotta but I am new to the Community and I am learning so much! I am thankful when you and others share your experiences, such as with the Kroger cashback not always working properly right away. Going forward I will be more wary of shopping until items associated with the offer show. Hopefully I won't have any issues this go-round, but I probably won't continue to roll the dice moving forward. 

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@mom2furkids Interesting! I never thought to look around the milk section for cookies. I just figured those dynasty Oreos were 🦄 in my area. Thanks for the tip!

0 Likes