cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Held up the line today at Sprouts

What-Shot
Super Saver

So today was the day I went to Sprouts to redeem the 6 DCs for FREE STUFF they are currently offering.  When a store does not have a self checkout, I am always concerned that my DCs may fail or similar. Today my skepticism was warranted because one of the DCs didn't work.  Since neither the cashier nor her supervisor even knew about the new FREEBS, it required even extra effort.

The man behind me in line said: "I will pay the difference!" While that was a kind gesture, it would not have resolved the system glitch which, no doubt, will affect subsequent customers.

The only reason I choose those items was per FREE, so a different customer should not foot the bill.

I wish the customers waiting behind me would recognize that typically it's the store's fault, rather than the couponer's fault when the line halts for coupon issues.

What is your secret for getting thru gracefully?

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
32 Replies

Re: Held up the line today at Sprouts

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@What-Shot always make sure you have a bottle of booze in your cart and drink it to blur out the impatient people behind you. Offer them a drink as well!

mickootay
Skilled Saver

I will normally just tell the cashier to complete the transaction as is, and I then go to Customer Service and have them resolve the issue. As it is, the stores here in WA look at you as though you're a thief even if you're using store coupons! They all get loud and obnoxious in their very ignorant explanations of how coupons work etc. So by the time I get to CS, I pull up screenshots and whatever else will make things easier for me to explain the situation.  That usually works for me!

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Donna2: Now you tell me. That would never have crossed my mind....but sounds quite effective.  Especially the part about offering it to those behind me in line.

ThatGuy
Rewards Guide

@What-Shot I always frequent the sprouts by my work since they have a self checkout. The ones near my house do not. At the self checkout I can easily input my account information. The cashier's at the sprouts near my house have never asked me for a phone number or whatever they would need to link to my stouts account. 

What-Shot
Super Saver

@mickootay: You sound gracious.

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@What-Shot I've had things like that happen as well and it is nerve racking for sure. When I have shopped at sprouts and used the self checkout, often my digital didn't register and they end up taking me to a regular register to do a re-do. Now I just go thru the regular registers too. I don't shop there often and is usually just a couple things.

I think ALL componers go thru this at one time or another. WM has been the worst for me when using especially printed coupons. I very very seldomly drink but that definitely puts the thought in my head lol

What-Shot
Super Saver

@ThatGuy: only one of the Sprouts I use even has a self Checkout.  And oddly,  it doesn't accept DCs, so i need to go thru cashier if using DCs.

I know the competent cashier at my favorite Sprouts, so wheniusing DCs, i wait in his line even if it's longest.

0 Likes

SaverGirl67

No self check out at my Sprouts but alway multiple staff around. If my checkout gets weird (which honestly happens quite often at this store) someone will usually open another register and the line disappears. Everyone who works there has been super nice and they never look at me like I’m crazy when my 5-6 items cause a problem. They’re usually apologetic about it. 

cjwoody
Super Saver

@What-Shot I picked up the DC freebies on Thursday, and it was the Harmless Harvest yogurt DC that failed for me.  I ended up paying regular price.  When I got home, I emailed Sprouts Customer Relations.  We had a quick back-and-forth, and they ultimately decided to mail me a $5 Sprouts GC as a courtesy.