cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Held up the line today at Sprouts

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@What-Shot 

You should have punched him in the face and told him to mind his own business.  He was clearly the @#$#R# here.

And I am sure most if not all others in line felt the same way.  That is on par with mansplaining.

How insulting that he is gonna offer the little lady a few bucks to make her go away.

Or you could do it the nice way like @mickootay  said.  That is probably the answer I would tell my small child.

But I would really do what I said above......lol

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

It's really odd no Sprouts in the Atlanta area have self checkout spots

0 Likes

ThatGuy
Rewards Guide

why don't sprouts ask for your phone number or whatever to access your account at checkout?

0 Likes

What-Shot
Super Saver

@ThatGuy: I'm not sure why Sprouts never asks for account details.  It might be that they do not require a loyalty account for sale prices. Also, they don't offer points or incentives for purchases.  If I don't have a DC for my purchase, I don't bother giving my account information. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I feel your pain.  I personally HATE holding up the line when it isn't my fault.  I can't always have them ring it up and then repurchase, especially when it is an Ibotta item because then it looks like I am buying and returning.  

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

Happened to me at Sprouts this week too. I apologized to the guy behind me. This was after I paid looked at my receipt knew something was off, got in line again for them to correct it and tried to get that guy to go in front of me b.c I knew it would be a mess. It was worse than I imagined! The cashier came up with excuses and then gave me back the wrong amount, when I asked why, as she was holding my receipt, she said she didn’t realize I already paid for those items already. She then just gave me cash w.o the tax and I begrudgingly walked away. Their DC are a hit or miss and I really wish they had self checkout or at least a real customer service area. 

Welshcar
Deal Ambassador

@What-Shot  Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience there. I went to Sprouts yesterday and redeemed all of the freebies with no problem. They have the scanner set up next to the CC device and I just scan my app barcode to get my deals. They make it very easy at my store. 

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

I don't have a Sprouts near me, but Publix has frequent FREE digital coupon offers.  Several times, I didn't get the offer I was expecting.  I usually pull up my phone and show the cashier the digital coupon and they manually credit my transaction.  But this didn't really solve the problem since the offer is still on my account!

One time I did not get the amount off and I took my receipt to the Customer Service counter.  Turned out, I had bought the wrong item.  The person behind the counter went throughout the store, found the right item and brought it back to me.  She gave me a gift card for the amount I paid and then charged me for the correct item, which was cheaper!  That left me a balance on a gift card for my next shopping trip.

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@What-Shot , I feel your pain. I don’t have a Sprouts near me so I can’t attest to using their system. But I can attest to that uncomfortable feeling of holding up the line when the employees don’t seem to know how to handle coupons. Recently, I went to a Dollar Tree to use 2 Scotties tissues coupons. (This is the only store in my area that carries Scotties) The coupons were for $1 off when you buy any 2 Scotties tissues. (I was buying 4 boxes) Well, they didn’t scan right. So the cashier is looking them over very thoroughly, and then says it must be because the picture showed a 62 count box but the boxes there were 58 count. (She also said they used to be 62 count but the company made the boxes smaller now.) I told her but it says any Scotties tissues and they just put the picture on there as an example. By now the line is starting to build up behind me and this is the only cashier in the store. She is looking it over and looking it over. Yells to the manager in the office that I have a problem with these coupons, who then yells back that he is on a phone call. She keeps scanning it the same way she did before and kept commenting on the picture and how it must be for that specific tissue count. There is a lady behind me with a cart completely piled full and she starts a phone call with someone and loudly says “yeah, I’m not going to make it home in time.” I ask the cashier if she can cancel my order, and check everyone else out while I wait for the manager to be done. She says no she can’t do that but then starts complaining that people are leaving the store because of the wait now. I asked for the coupons back and I would just save them for another time, but she was intent on just holding onto them and complaining until that manager was done with his phone call and finally came out of the office. He then has her cancel the order and he brings me to another register. He looks over the coupons and says yes, these coupons should work on this product. So he puts the coupons in manually but splits them up into two different transactions for some reason. At that point I just wanted to get out of that store. So I said thank you and left. But because he split them into 2 transactions, I was not able to get my Ibotta credit for 2 of the boxes I bought. As annoying as that was, I was still thankful that once the manager came out, he quickly and easily got me out of that store. I have a bad feeling every time I think about shopping there now because of the shame and embarrassment I was feeling by being put on the spot by the cashier.

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

When I'm at Sprouts I scan my account barcode then the 1 or more digital coupons I claimed get triggered

0 Likes